Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining nfcu?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining nfcu?

I'm interested in joining nfcu through my husband's grandfather (he has passed away but from what I've read we should still be eligible to join). Does my husband have to join first, and then once he's a member I can join through him? Or is there a way we can join together like a joint membership? We're mainly interested in the checking/savings at the moment but will be applying for credit down the line.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Joining nfcu?

I’m pretty sure he joins and then you come on with him. Best wishes! 😊
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep above might be the best way. He is family by marriage but it may go smoother if your husband joined first. Think you can do it all on the same day. I signed up over the phone but If there is a local branch go in.

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Let him join first . Once he is full member, hop aboardSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm interested in joining nfcu through my husband's grandfather (he has passed away but from what I've read we should still be eligible to join). Does my husband have to join first, and then once he's a member I can join through him? Or is there a way we can join together like a joint membership? We're mainly interested in the checking/savings at the moment but will be applying for credit down the line.

Once he becomes a member you will be able to join online by just entering his name, date of birth, and relationship that you have with the existing member. 

Message 5 of 8
Medic981
Valued Contributor

NFCU has an active security department. You don't want to apply first because you do not have a direct relationship with the service member. There are many stories about individuals who have joined without proof of eligibility to later have their accounts frozen. Let your DH join first, it only cost $5 for a share savings account, then you can apply afterward.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 8
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

My husband joined first, I did all the work. LOL

I joined about 10 mins after and I'm the one that app'd for credit products because my credit is better than his.

He's an AU on my cards- 

So you can do it all in a short amount of time.

CHEERS  cheers smilie guy.gif

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great. Thank you so much everyone!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.