Congrats!

>

>

Message 11 of 22
HRZ780
New Contributor

Re: Just Opened Shared Pledge Loan with NFCU - $5K

Update:

The $5000 pledge loan just appeared on my EX this morning.  The full $5000 is showing at this time, no payment(s) taken into account yet.  My Fico8 did not take a hit from this new line appearing, FYI.  This line has not appeared on my TU or EQ yet.   EX is always first to report anything, so this is no surprise.

Message 12 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@HRZ780 wrote:

Update:

The $5000 pledge loan just appeared on my EX this morning.  The full $5000 is showing at this time, no payment(s) taken into account yet.  My Fico8 did not take a hit from this new line appearing, FYI.  This line has not appeared on my TU or EX yet.   EX is always first to report anything, so this is no surprise.

You are lucky to not take a score hit, for the full balance reporting like @Anonymous didSmiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 22
HRZ780
New Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:
You are lucky to not take a score hit, for the full balance reporting like @Anonymous didSmiley Frustrated

Yeah, I did not expect the loan to list to my report(s) so quickly, let alone the full balance to show. Interesting. The fact that my EX8 didn't take a hit is surprising.  I always seem to have lots of luck, sometimes it's GOOD luck.  Even if I did/do take a hit, I can take it right now.  I'm about to go into gardening mode for the next year anyway.  That is, right after I get my NFCU CC.  I'm hoping that I can qualify for cash rewards with a decent SL, but I will be happy with a nRewards (secured) card just the same.  The upside of the secured card is that I can max it out at $5K, which would look better on my report than a super low limit cash rewards card.

Message 14 of 22
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Sounds like your rebuild is going well, glad to hear it! Congratulations!

Hey @Mr_Mojo_Risin, no matter how many times I see the new SN, I can't get used to it. It's like a mask. You're always gonna be the Bowie fan to me. 😂 

Haha. Yeah love me some Bowie but had to spread the love for all of my musical heroes! The new handle is an anagram for Jim Morrison!  

@blindambition 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 15 of 22
HRZ780
New Contributor

Update:

Yesterday evening the $4555 released back into my savings acct.  That was 2 business days from the time I made the initial paydown.  I paid the loan down the evening on the 26th.  It still indicates that the next payment is due on 7/13/2025...in the amount of $34.64.  LOL  I already setup autopay for $5/mo, so I'm good.

Incidentally, I just helped my DW, DS & DD all open up their own $5K SSL's with NFCU.  Woohoo!  The kids are new to credit, so it's all clean slate and easy peasy with them.

Message 16 of 22
HRZ780
New Contributor

Update:

As of today, the $5000 NFCU loan is reporting @ 8%.  My EX8 jumped to 769, EQ8 jumped to 769 and TU8 jumped to 760.  Very pleased with this score boost!!

Edit:

EX 735 --> 769

EQ 735 --> 769

TU 725 --> 760

Message 17 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@HRZ780 wrote:

Update:

As of today, the $5000 NFCU loan is reporting @ 8%.  My EX8 jumped to 769, EQ8 jumped to 769 and TU8 jumped to 760.  Very pleased with this score boost!!

@HRZ780, Congrats on your score jump!

If you could post how many points the jump was on each individual credit report?, it could certainly help othersSmiley Happy

Or post before and after numbers? ..

Message 18 of 22
HRZ780
New Contributor

I just edited my response to include before/after scores.

Message 19 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Those are excellent score increases! Nicely done.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.