Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Alliant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just joined Alliant

@Anonymous wrote:

I've used Alliant as my main bank for 4 years now and never had any issues. They are conservative and will look for a reason to deny. They hate new accounts and inquiries so garden before you apply with them.

Yep I'm planning to be 1/12 or 0/12 on new accounts and 2/12 or 0/12 on INQs. I am already gardening for US Bank so I'll likely be 0/12. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would prefer my 2% card to be with a CU but I don't want to go through PenFed hoops to get theirs. 

Alliant is a credit union - so why doesn't it count?

I did a mini-comparison on a bunch of 2% cards here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Is-PSECU-2-Founder-s-card-avaiable-for-out-of-state-residents/m-p/5901641#M1696736. You could check out PSECU or SDFCU, though I've read SDFCU is pretty conservative with approvals.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would prefer my 2% card to be with a CU but I don't want to go through PenFed hoops to get theirs. 

Alliant is a credit union - so why doesn't it count?

I did a mini-comparison on a bunch of 2% cards here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Is-PSECU-2-Founder-s-card-avaiable-for-out-of-state-residents/m-p/5901641#M1696736. You could check out PSECU or SDFCU, though I've read SDFCU is pretty conservative with approvals.

Alliant does count which is why I said I'm interested in getting the card with them. I have been looking at DC, whether or not to keep PayPal, PSECU, PenFed, and Alliant and I think I have settled on Alliant. There's still 8 months before I app though so things can change in that time. If PenFed wasn't HP happy, it would probably have ended up being them. 

SDFCU is not even in the running. I am way past my income in credit limits and they are one of those CUs that won't lend to people like myself. 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your membership, Saeren! 👍

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your membership, Saeren! 👍

Thanks, angelwingz!

Message 15 of 24
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Saeren,

Congratulations on your membership with Alliant.  I'm very impressed with them and their ACH isn't too bad to use.  

I'm holding off on getting a credit card with them. I have too many inquiries and opened way too many accounts in the past year.

Guyatthebeach

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Saeren,

Congratulations on your membership with Alliant.  I'm very impressed with them and their ACH isn't too bad to use.  

I'm holding off on getting a credit card with them. I have too many inquiries and opened way too many accounts in the past year.

Guyatthebeach

Thanks! 

I am probably going to use them so I can open some bank accounts but as I just got approved for Langley, its pretty unlikely that I will give my direct deposit to Alliant because Langley will give me my direct deposit early but we will see what I do. I also just sat on hold for customer service for 12 minutes before I hung up.

Message 17 of 24
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 18 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! I agree with others. If you think Penfed has hoops. You've seen nothing yet. Lol

Be for warned, Allianti is a whole nother level.They are even pickier when it comes to income verses open credit lines.

Their banking account side is great for ACH transactions. But honestly that's about it IME.

Also they have been known to approve memberships and then lock you out days later.  And request more ID verification documents before reactivating your account.

Asked me how I know. lol

I've been a member for almost 4 years.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats! I agree with others. If you think Penfed has hoops. You've seen nothing yet. Lol

Be for warned, Allianti is a whole nother level.They are even pickier when it comes to income verses open credit lines.

Their banking account side is great for ACH transactions. But honestly that's about it IME.

Also they have been known to approve memberships and then lock you out days later.  And request more ID verification documents before reactivating your account.

Asked me how I know. lol

I've been a member for almost 4 years.

Well if they screw around I'll just drop them and that will be that. I got into Langley so Alliant is actually kind of redundant now. If they're really that conservative with their cards, I won't bother building a relationship with them.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.