Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Alliant

tag
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: Just joined Alliant

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats! I agree with others. If you think Penfed has hoops. You've seen nothing yet. Lol

Be for warned, Allianti is a whole nother level.They are even pickier when it comes to income verses open credit lines.

Their banking account side is great for ACH transactions. But honestly that's about it IME.

Also they have been known to approve memberships and then lock you out days later.  And request more ID verification documents before reactivating your account.

Asked me how I know. lol

I've been a member for almost 4 years.

I'm on opposite of your experience. Alliant is nothing but good thus far for me, and I have been a member for almost 6 years. I also helped 2 of my family members opened it in a past few years and no problem too.

The benefits I get from Alliant that others most lilkely don't offers are;

fast ACH (no one disagree)

1st check box free with united airline image check, custom font and icon (others are free with plain check only)

$20 fee reimbursed for out network ATM per month

no fee for stop payment (used it a few times for checks lost). I know most people not gonna use it, but it's nice feature in case one's needed

the last one I can think of is high return % for both checking and saving compares to others.

* if you go to google search "top credit union" Alliant allways be on their list. Want to know more about Alliant? read their review for more detail

Message 21 of 24
Green456
Established Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats! I agree with others. If you think Penfed has hoops. You've seen nothing yet. Lol

Be for warned, Allianti is a whole nother level.They are even pickier when it comes to income verses open credit lines.

Their banking account side is great for ACH transactions. But honestly that's about it IME.

Also they have been known to approve memberships and then lock you out days later.  And request more ID verification documents before reactivating your account.

Asked me how I know. lol

I've been a member for almost 4 years.

I'm on opposite of your experience. Alliant is nothing but good thus far for me, and I have been a member for almost 6 years. I also helped 2 of my family members opened it in a past few years and no problem too.

The benefits I get from Alliant that others most lilkely don't offers are;

fast ACH (no one disagree)

1st check box free with united airline image check, custom font and icon (others are free with plain check only)

$20 fee reimbursed for out network ATM per month

no fee for stop payment (used it a few times for checks lost). I know most people not gonna use it, but it's nice feature in case one's needed

the last one I can think of is high return % for both checking and saving compares to others.

* if you go to google search "top credit union" Alliant allways be on their list. Want to know more about Alliant? read their review for more detail

Everything you mentioned is true. My problem with it was that this one time my account was locked out for potential fraud, there was only one person able to unlock it and he was at a meeting. So I don't trust them with large amount of money, hence I closed my account. I use big national bank now with enough support staff to handle my call and local branch to walk into if I have an issue. My wife still uses Alliant and has no issues with it. 

Message 22 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I kinda would like a plain CC through alliant.... but dealing with conservative Cus... *grrrh*

Their online stuff is pretty good.. its vastly improved recently with a major update.. .. Its a great place to to/from ACHs though... Keep my emergency savings there... and had a CD there...

-J

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

I kinda would like a plain CC through alliant.... but dealing with conservative Cus... *grrrh*

Their online stuff is pretty good.. its vastly improved recently with a major update.. .. Its a great place to to/from ACHs though... Keep my emergency savings there... and had a CD there...

-J

From going through approvals, they actually don't seem terribly conservative as long as you haven't been seeking credit recently. Plenty of people with lots of credit getting approved for Rewards and Signature cards. 

Also my own denial in September was specifically for new accounts - they actually send you a sheet with check boxes and they check their reasons. They checked inquiries and checked other and said number of recently opened accounts. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.