Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOC or Personal Loans Without POI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOC or Personal Loans Without POI

Title says it all. Have $15k from Navy’s LOC and had no POI. Fico 9 from Navy has me over 760 and stated income of $75k. Only one collection years old (medical).
Suggestions?

Need the money for an investment.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOC or Personal Loans Without POI

If you are a member of PenFed and have had loans with them in the past there is a good chance you will not need to provide POI. I had two personal loans with PenFed, the first required two paystubs (I was a brand new member); the second was instantly approved without needing any POI. Its been my experience with PenFed that once they trust you, they trust you. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cc with them, but not sure that’s enough. Do all banks use an internal score once you establish a relationship with them?

Anyone used WF, Boa or US Bank? I’ve read all three sometimes won’t ask for POI.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you ever get pre-approvals from PenFed? The credit card might be enough to help you get the PLOC without POI. I believe a lot of banks do have an internal score. At the bank I worked for years ago they called it a behaviour score and it would often be used to approve credit line increases and charges when their FICO score would have normally cut them off. 

Can't help you with WF and US Bank..hopefully others can.

Message 4 of 6
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

If you have Amex they send out pre approvals for personal loans sometimes. I just recently decided to take advantage of one they offered me. I I took no hard pull, no POI and money was funded within 24 hours. Was the easiest thing I have ever done and my interest rate was exactly what they told me in the pre approval.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never have gotten preapprovals from Amex or PenFed. I have used the Opt-out prescreen website, does this prevent preapprovals with banks I already have a relationship with?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.