Langley FCU - no go

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Langley FCU - no go

@Revelate wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, but keep in mind that too many CU Chexsystem's inquiries may raise a red flag. 

This is true, I ran into that 1 time, now just space them  evenly apart. no issues now.

Out of curiosity what spacing do you use?

I haven't kept track of where that is like I probably should've.

So far a minimum of 90 days has been working. I am sure some CU's are more sensitive than others.

The one that was the most picky so far was BECU. (early part of last year.) I have now crossed that hurdle.

For the most part, I try to find Institutions who do not use Chex.

Message 11 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

Sorry to hear that, but keep in mind that too many CU Chexsystem's inquiries may raise a red flag. 

That, or any issues that may arise from EQ as well.

Message 12 of 31
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

Is there a way to monitor one's chexsystem's INQs?

Also what is considered too many CU's by CS?

Potential Future Cards
Message 13 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Wavester64 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

a few chexs inquiry a year is usually safe.  CU are pretty sensitive with regards to chex's.  All depends on the CU some are min score driven by chex's while others it is inquiries, etc... seems like more and more are using them and they have been a big pita for me at least and i have no baddies or never had, just inquiries.  main CRA's eq/tu/exp you can have 30 inquiries are be fine, not so with chexs use them carefully..Most banks and CU's do pull chex's you can order your report online, but to get your score you gotta fax in a request.  Makes no sense really, but nor does chexs to me either as they are a CRA, but a black box on how they operate at least to me.

Message 14 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Wavester64 

Depends really on what type accounts you open.

FNBO denied me opening a checking account. But had no issues opening a money market account.

I've opened at least 3 or 4 accounts since. None of the others had issues with my Chex system report.

Infact, it's very rare to be denied a bank account IME.

I've opened 3 CU accounts in the last two weeks. None of them had an issue with my Chex. Opened 7 CU accounts since January 2020. Langley was one of those 7 this year.

So as you can see, the rules don't seem to apply to everyone. Raja has opened more than me I'm sure. And he's still rolling through them like a freight train!!!

I'm well passed 30 and I believe Raja is close to 50. 

Message 15 of 31
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Wavester64 

FNBO denied me opening a checking account. But had no issues opening a money market account.

I've opened at least 3 or 4 accounts since. None of the others had issues with my Chex system report.

I've opened 3 CU accounts in the last two weeks. None of them had an issue with my Chex. Opened 7 CU accounts since January 2020. Langley was one of those 7 this year.

So as you can see, the rules don't seem to apply to everyone. Raja has opened more than me I'm sure. And he's still rolling through them like a freight train!!!

I would prob open a savings right now, later try for one of their CCs.

Anything special needed for membership? Do they HP membership?

I believe they don't, but I just wanted to make sure.

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Wavester64 

@Wavester64 

No they soft pull. One of the easiest CUs I've joined period. Joining takes no more than 10 mins.

Message 17 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One thing to note on Langley, if you have a strong profile, especially really good income, you can have both their credit cards , even at same time. Really good low apr card and very nice rotating cat reward card. I always got approved for the other card but unfortunately am only able to have 1 card . 

Message 18 of 31
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

@Wavester64 

@Wavester64 

No they soft pull. One of the easiest CUs I've joined period. Joining takes no more than 10 mins.

Crazy question - does just opening a savings with them give you access to ther FREE EQ Fico 08?  Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 19 of 31
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit 

Your profile is stronger than mine, because I have no cards with them.😂

@Wavester64 

Keep new accounts to a minimum before applying for credit with them.

You'll be fine.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.