Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley Fcu (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Langley Fcu (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!)

A day after applying for a credit card and being instantly approved for $15,000 credit limit i get a call from the 'fraud department' saying that i need to send them a drivers licence for personal identification which i did , a few hours latter i try logging in to my account only to find out that it is restricted with a message on the screen that i should call langley... the guy on the phone tells me that my account was terminated because my drivers licence is ''not real'' and that he was a detective years ago and knows the difference between the real id's and the fake's...

it was my word againts his word (yes its real..no its fake...) to no avail and my account is still restricted.

(i have a few mortgages and many credit cards with other credit unions and never missed a payment)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Langley Fcu (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!)

Have you tried contacting their executive office? Wow that's crazy!
Hope you can get it straightened out.
Guess I'll pass on Langley for now.
They'd probably send the PO PO after me.
Message 2 of 14
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Further investigation is warranted on your part.

Many things may have happened:

The guy in the fraud department has never seen an ID like yours. Maybe it is from a state he is not familiar with related to DLs.

The guy was having a bad day and you reminded him of the guy who 'stole his girl' in high school.

The guy got a bad fax or scan of the ID or put the wrong numbers in when verifying your ID.

Do you have a valid passport? If so, I would call back and ask for another CSR and calmly explain your situation. If they seem receptive, offer to send in the scan of your passport.

They have always treated me well, I look forward to hearing more about your case. I guess you could also go to the police department and have them run your ID. Send a picture of you holding your license next to an officer for effect....

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My drivers license is from NY and Langley is based in virgina ,the rep was stubborn and persistent that he 'knows the game' and that he even used to be a 'detective' in NYC. and like every financial institution the fraud department is not the place where the nice folks work at the company... after all they gotta be tough in today's world of fraud

Message 4 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Message 5 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
OP, I dont think it's them

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Lfcu-flaged-me-as-fraud/m-p/5223999#M19566...

Good find Remedios.  Op, based on this linked thread of yours from April, was that ever resolved from the first time you applied? Or is this dealing with the same application from then?  Seems like the Lender may have tied this into the app from earlier in the year, if indeed this is a second app.  And if the issues from that first time were never resolved, this may have been an immediate red flag for them.  

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@RonM21 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Lfcu-flaged-me-as-fraud/m-p/5223999#M19566...

Good find Remedios.  Op, based on this linked thread of yours from April, was that ever resolved from the first time you applied? Or is this dealing with the same application from then?  Seems like the Lender may have tied this into the app from earlier in the year, if indeed this is a second app.  And if the issues from that first time were never resolved, this may have been an immediate red flag for them.  

Yes, good find. Same story 8 months later but different reason for being shut down? No, I dont't think it's the same app or a new one, just still PO'd at being shut down, whatever the real reason was.

Message 7 of 14
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Good find, Remi! You should be a detective if the doctor gig doesn’t work out.

Message 8 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@shoegal wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good find, Remi! You should be a detective if the doctor gig doesn’t work out.

At my current pace, I have a better chance of becoming an astronaut by october next year 

I thought I had it in the bag for July of this year but then whole lymphoma happened so I missed it 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked this before but never got an answer, how do you delete your posting history?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.