Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley Federal Credit Union

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Langley Federal Credit Union

Figured I'd start a thread for data points on Langley.

This year i decided to find a replacement for Penfed as they seem to want nothing to do with me and my average profileSmiley Wink

July i applied for membership with Langley online . I uploaded my DL and 2 most recent paystubs. Received very courteous call to confirm everything and decided to apply for their low apr Visa Select card. .Asked for $5000 and was approved at lowest apr, 8.75% , now 9.00% due to fed hike. I could hardly get $1500 out of Penfed when i had the Promise card lol.

So far any applications , including opening a membership , have been with Equifax, hard pulls are good for up to 30 days so ive been told, and have experienced.

Free Equifax Fico 8 monthly score.

Recently tried for the cash back visa as it seems there are some interesting 5% rotating cats , at least in the few months ive been a member. I applied on Sunday, Monday morning they called me about 10 am, yes, they are quick to follow up on an application, and was informed i was approved . Yeah! But mid call the csr agent realized i would have to cancel my low apr visa. Apparently im not qualified to have two credit cards so not sure if thats because of income, history, or what not. Said thank you but i like to kerp my low apr card. Withdrew app though i already got hard pull.

A few days later i figured let me try for a Line of Credit to utilize same pull and not have anything to show. Decided to just try for $2000 and put in my application. Wouldnt you know it, they called me back and said APPROVEDSmiley Happy. My first Line of Credit ever. And its at a respectable 9. 25% . They just send you e documents that you sign and easy peasy , its in my account.

So feel free to add data points as you join . I believe my last approval of the LOC had me at 755 Eq . Ive also started a small savings with Langley. Probably better rates out there but heck, a penny saved a penny earnedSmiley Wink. Also dont think they restrict you geographically. Not a branch anywhere even remotely close to meSmiley Wink
67 REPLIES 67
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Langley Federal Credit Union

Thanks for the post.  Is LFCU INQ sensitive?

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks , good question. I believe i only had like 5 or 6 hps at time of opening my account in July. So relatively speaking my Eq was kind of relaxed. Had it been TU i would know for sure as thats my most active.
Message 3 of 68
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks , good question. I believe i only had like 5 or 6 hps at time of opening my account in July. So relatively speaking my Eq was kind of relaxed. Had it been TU i would know for sure as thats my most active.

Good to know.  So, were you are 6 or 7 when you applied for the Cash Back card?

Message 4 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok, just checked. When i applied in July for membership, i had 2 hps from 4/17 and 5 hps from first 6 months of 2018. So 7 total, 5 in last 6 months. When i apped the Cash Back , including the hp from Langley in July, i had 8 total hps, 6 hps in 10 months. Yikes, writing it down shows how much credit ive been seeking haha. Time to stopSmiley Wink. Hope those dps help BigBSSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 68
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Great, thanks.

Message 6 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You're welcomeSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great place to do business, AJC. Thanks for sharing.

Message 8 of 68
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice post for data on Langley AJC! I think it presents a nice option or alternative to those who need it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 68
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Thanks sharing, AJC! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.