Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langley Federal Credit Union

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Langley Federal Credit Union

No problems Smiley Happy. Im still stoked about my experience and am suprised more dont try them out. Seems alot of CU's present some form of difficulty to an out of stater but with open membership here, seems like a winSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 68
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No problems Smiley Happy. Im still stoked about my experience and am suprised more dont try them out. Seems alot of CU's present some form of difficulty to an out of stater but with open membership here, seems like a winSmiley Happy

You know how it is with how the mindset works.  We are usually after the "hot" or "known" thing and a lot of people wait on others to step out first to test the waters.  Then, when it seems like there is momentum, the bandwagon starts getting full lol. Smiley Wink 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id be curious to see what they give someone with high incomeSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 68
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Figured I'd start a thread for data points on Langley.

This year i decided to find a replacement for Penfed as they seem to want nothing to do with me and my average profileSmiley Wink

July i applied for membership with Langley online . I uploaded my DL and 2 most recent paystubs. Received very courteous call to confirm everything and decided to apply for their low apr Visa Select card. .Asked for $5000 and was approved at lowest apr, 8.75% , now 9.00% due to fed hike. I could hardly get $1500 out of Penfed when i had the Promise card lol.

So far any applications , including opening a membership , have been with Equifax, hard pulls are good for up to 30 days so ive been told, and have experienced.

Free Equifax Fico 8 monthly score.

Recently tried for the cash back visa as it seems there are some interesting 5% rotating cats , at least in the few months ive been a member. I applied on Sunday, Monday morning they called me about 10 am, yes, they are quick to follow up on an application, and was informed i was approved . Yeah! But mid call the csr agent realized i would have to cancel my low apr visa. Apparently im not qualified to have two credit cards so not sure if thats because of income, history, or what not. Said thank you but i like to kerp my low apr card. Withdrew app though i already got hard pull.

A few days later i figured let me try for a Line of Credit to utilize same pull and not have anything to show. Decided to just try for $2000 and put in my application. Wouldnt you know it, they called me back and said APPROVEDSmiley Happy. My first Line of Credit ever. And its at a respectable 9. 25% . They just send you e documents that you sign and easy peasy , its in my account.

So feel free to add data points as you join . I believe my last approval of the LOC had me at 755 Eq . Ive also started a small savings with Langley. Probably better rates out there but heck, a penny saved a penny earnedSmiley Wink. Also dont think they restrict you geographically. Not a branch anywhere even remotely close to meSmiley Wink

It pains me to hear so many people's neegative experiences with PenFed. I just moved to them and they have been great, other than slow servers. Tho I have not dealt with them directly yet for support, etc. I did request assistance with Wealth MGMT for which I never heard back...maybe you all are right. Good luck with Langley!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 14 of 68
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks. I know Penfed works for many. I guess since im a minority here with really low income, my experience with them hasnt been good. I understand money runs everything but for a Credit Union supposed to be about its members, one would think every member is important no matter their financial standing. If you treat your accounts right, why shouldnt you be afforder the best they have to offer. Mskes one want to work even more with that CU. Just my observation but i know many experience different. Good luck on your endeavers as wellSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 68
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Based on AJC's DPs and those of others that I could find decided to pull the trigger.  Here are my data points for Langley.  Applied for membership late on the evening of 20 Dec and they pulled EQ (797 after pull with 12 INQs) with 6 figure income.  Membership approved early afternoon of the 21st and applied for the Cash Back VISA Sig card and Line of Credit.  Got a call Saturday morning (22 Dec)  notifying me I was approved for both (Cash Back VISA - $25K/11.25% APR, LOC - $10K).  Received the card on Saturday, 29 Dec.  Look forward to building the relationship with them as the customer service seemed superb in the 2 situations of dealing with them.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 16 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I’ll add Langley to my 700+ list. I sure would like to replace my SSFCU card with something better. If they have transaction alerts, they’re already 10 times better than SSFCU that doesn’t even have them if you have their app!

Thanks for the DPs Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 68
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I’ll add Langley to my 700+ list. I sure would like to replace my SSFCU card with something better. If they have transaction alerts, they’re already 10 times better than SSFCU that doesn’t even have them if you have their app!

I was told by a Langley rep, shortly after I joined, that the maximum revolving credit they will extend to someone is 40k total. I'm at 40k, and dare not apply for more, but will be interested to see if anyone reports having combined limits > 40k.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 18 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told by a Langley rep, shortly after I joined, that the maximum revolving credit they will extend to someone is 40k total. I'm at 40k, and dare not apply for more, but will be interested to see if anyone reports having combined limits > 40k.

Don’t have to worry about that with me, my measly $18K income may have netted me $15K in credit with NFCU without much hassle (none other than 4 HPs in 3 months lol) but I highly doubt that will be the case anywhere else. I’ll probably continue to be in the 7-9K range with most issuers (Disco giving me a 3K CLI bringing that card to $10.5K was totally unexpected) but I want to add more credit union cards and less bank cards. Credit unions weather recessions much better than banks do and they have much better service most of the time. 

Message 19 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone jin FCU?

Message 20 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.