Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club Loan Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Lending Club Loan Approved

Received pre-approval in the mail for up to $20k, when I filled it out online it came back just $5200 Max but decided to take it anyway because I know once you do one loan with them, they will expand for future larger ones.

My question is, How much and how long do I have to keep it open to gain the most from it?

It's a 36 month loan, so I was thinking about paying $2701 on the loan right now to bring me under 50% and then let the payments run for 12 months.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Lending Club Loan Approved

Did you take out this loan just to build a relationship? I’ve never taken out a personal loan but with the rumors I’ve heard about FICO 10 I’d be afraid to do it now. In what way will this loan help you?
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be a miracle if more than a handfull of lender are using FICO 10, five years from now. FICO 9 was released in 2014.

Message 3 of 14
Hex
Valued Contributor

True. I’ve thought of that.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Received pre-approval in the mail for up to $20k, when I filled it out online it came back just $5200 Max but decided to take it anyway because I know once you do one loan with them, they will expand for future larger ones.

My question is, How much and how long do I have to keep it open to gain the most from it?

It's a 36 month loan, so I was thinking about paying $2701 on the loan right now to bring me under 50% and then let the payments run for 12 months.

Thoughts?

I just got a mailer from Prosper Pre-Approved for up to $40K. Though about it, but I'm sure I'd get somehting much lower and at a higher rate. lol

i don't need it, but if i took out a certain amount it would pay off all my current balances. And I'd still have enough left over to make the payments for one year before it started coming out of my actual pocket. Only thing is the interest and not really needing it.

As for relationship, I think once you paid it down and let it run out. You'd probably get more offers, no guarantee on amounts and rates though. When I borrowed from Marcus, I paid it all back in the first 12. Even got a second Loan with them on the 12 month, and it's already paid down 71%  1.5 years later.  Looking to pay off with my Tax refund to save more interest.

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Verified income with bank account
No hp
I liked the process!!
Message 6 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 8 of 14
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 9 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Hex wrote:
Did you take out this loan just to build a relationship? I’ve never taken out a personal loan but with the rumors I’ve heard about FICO 10 I’d be afraid to do it now. In what way will this loan help you?

There is something to be said for building relationships in case actually needed for the future.

I'm a proponent 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.