Did you mean: 

Lending Club Loan Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lending Club Loan Approved

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Hex wrote:
Did you take out this loan just to build a relationship? I’ve never taken out a personal loan but with the rumors I’ve heard about FICO 10 I’d be afraid to do it now. In what way will this loan help you?

There is something to be said for building relationships in case actually needed for the future.

I'm a proponent 

I decided to pay the loan down to under 50%, that will minimize my interest and get me just over 12 months of payments.

Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Hex wrote:
Did you take out this loan just to build a relationship? I’ve never taken out a personal loan but with the rumors I’ve heard about FICO 10 I’d be afraid to do it now. In what way will this loan help you?

There is something to be said for building relationships in case actually needed for the future.

I'm a proponent 

I decided to pay the loan down to under 50%, that will minimize my interest and get me just over 12 months of payments.

If they push the payments out into the future why pay it off early at all?

I don't know LC's practices but the sweet spot is below 8.9% if it's your only open loan, and any tradeline if it isn't costing you anything really just leave it open.  In this case if they pay ahead just pay it down to like $5 and let it sit.

        
Message 12 of 14
donkort
Valued Contributor

Does Lending Club use Vantage?

I took out two $1,000 loans with them around 2012-2014.  I was given a high interest rate commensurate with my 630s Vantage Score, rather than my 680s FICO.

I paid nogb ppp

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 13 of 14
donkort
Valued Contributor

Does Lending Club use Vantage?

I took out two $1,000 loans with them around 2012-2014.  I was given a high interest rate commensurate with my 630s Vantage Score, rather than my 680s FICO.

I paid both in full with no problems.  Never received a subsequent offer from them.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.