Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life and Death Will and Trust Questions

tag
trentm

Life and Death Will and Trust Questions

Hi,

I last month I recently had what I thought was a spider bite/bug bite on my head.. turn out that I have a cyst that decided to eat through my skulll and is sitting on top of my brain and working its way into my brain. I was horrified to find this out and a few times the doctors had me feeling like I was not going to make it....I was sitting there waiting for to do my MRI and CT scans and was actually going to pick out a casket. On the bright side they feel like they can go in and remove this however because of all this I want to get my will and trust and life in order in case something actually does happen but I am postivie that I will live for a few more years.

With that all being said I am currently single with few to leave my estate to. I do have a brother who is well off and a niece and nephew but I feel like there are people in my life and charity's in my life I want to see my money go towards.  

The biggest question I have right now. Is I have potentialy XXX,XXX of life insurance policy's. I have a list of all the diffrent policy's.  I really think I want to send the money to one big bank account and then I want to leave instructions on how to divide out the money to the people I want to give to.  Does anyone know anything about doing something like this?  I am thinking that this could be a life insurance trust?

While I have many issues figureing out what to do with all these policy's are a hurdle.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Life and Death Will and Trust Questions

I would reccomend consulting a lawyer.  Your request is a little more complicated than the average will/trust, which might name only one or two family members.  The peace of mind of having everything drafted (and possibly even executed after your passing) by a lawyer will be well worth the investment.  I would guess you would initially only need to pay for a few hours of time.

Since you plan to donate to charity, you might contact them for referrals.  Many foundations maintain positive relationships with lawyers who specialize in estate planning that involves charitable donation.  They might even be willing to give you a reduced rate.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.