Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightStream Approval (SunTrust/Truist)

tag
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

LightStream Approval (SunTrust/Truist)

Hey y'all, a quick DP for everyone. I was getting close to the BT expiration date on two cards and instead of asking Marcus to refinancing existing PL to absorb these balances, I thought I would give LightStream a whirl. Most, if not all DP's are in siggy. Applied last night (this morning) around 12:15am, went to manual review. Requested $11.2k at 36 months. APR ranage was 5.95-16%. Received an email to give them a call this morning. Verified income, mortgage/rent, supplimental income (ebay/amazon) and loan purpose (debt consolidation). Was asked about a few items in my report by CSR, then I was told it would be sent to underwriting and I would get additional info in an email. Two hours later I get request to submit POI. Attached most recent paystub in PDF format. About 30 minutes later I received offer for $11.2k @ 5.95 for 36 months. I am considering poking the bear and increasing my total request to $11.5k but will call in about it first, don't want to use the website and risk getting rejected altogether. My first TU inq in over a year Smiley Happy

TL,DR: App at 1215a (5/12), phone call to verify info at 8a (5/12), email to submit PIO at 1027am (5/12), approval offered at 1107am. 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: LightStream Approval (SunTrust/Truist)

@Five6Two 

That's fantastic!! Congratulations on the super low rate loan!!

That's an awesome rate!!

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Five6Two wrote:

Hey y'all, a quick DP for everyone. I was getting close to the BT expiration date on two cards and instead of asking Marcus to refinancing existing PL to absorb these balances, I thought I would give LightStream a whirl. Most, if not all DP's are in siggy. Applied last night (this morning) around 12:15am, went to manual review. Requested $11.2k at 36 months. APR ranage was 5.95-16%. Received an email to give them a call this morning. Verified income, mortgage/rent, supplimental income (ebay/amazon) and loan purpose (debt consolidation). Was asked about a few items in my report by CSR, then I was told it would be sent to underwriting and I would get additional info in an email. Two hours later I get request to submit POI. Attached most recent paystub in PDF format. About 30 minutes later I received offer for $11.2k @ 5.95 for 36 months. I am considering poking the bear and increasing my total request to $11.5k but will call in about it first, don't want to use the website and risk getting rejected altogether. My first TU inq in over a year Smiley Happy

TL,DR: App at 1215a (5/12), phone call to verify info at 8a (5/12), email to submit PIO at 1027am (5/12), approval offered at 1107am. 

Great rate on the loan! Big congrats. I created a similar thread about them and mine was denied. Glad you where able to get the approval! Nice dp about TU looks like they are now trending in that direction.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 7
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Great rate on the loan! Big congrats. I created a similar thread about them and mine was denied. Glad you where able to get the approval! Nice dp about TU looks like they are now trending in that direction.

Thank you @credit_endurance! Seeing your post actually inspried me to try it out! My TU is my cleanest report because no lender has checked it in a while and my most recent AOD CC hasn't reported to it yet! I was hoping they would pull TU, but was okay with an EQ pull. I am sorry about your denial but based on your other post, looks like PenFed and Genysis should you some LUV! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Five6Two wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thank you @credit_endurance! Seeing your post actually inspried me to try it out! My TU is my cleanest report because no lender has checked it in a while and my most recent AOD CC hasn't reported to it yet! I was hoping they would pull TU, but was okay with an EQ pull. I am sorry about your denial but based on your other post, looks like PenFed and Genysis should you some LUV! 

Yes, very fortunate to have a backup plan. 😁 PenFed & Genny treated me well. And glad I could provide some data points to help! 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a killer APRSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.