Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightstream Personal loan @ 5.95%!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lightstream Personal loan @ 5.95%!

Awesome deal!  Thanks for sharing.  Filing this one to maybe use later Smiley Happy

Hubs takes a mental health day here and there and his work encourages it and even rewards employees that take these kinds of days off.  More companies should encourage mental health days.   Looks like yours is going well.

Message 11 of 24
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I posted about Lighstream a couple weeks ago...money the same day and interest rate in the 4s...can't go wrong...and app process was so simple, never even talked to anyone.

LS.jpg

Message 12 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FicoGuy2019 guessing yours wasnt a debt consolidation loan due to better rate you got?  I could of said it was for something else i suppose and used the money to pay off my other personal loan, but i opted to just apply for what i was using it for although they probably would of never know nor really cared.  Although 1.x apr at this low of apr wont kill me for only 10k Smiley Happy.

Most other lenders would of made you pay it right to debt consolidation being my loan, but they just slapped it into my checking account.

Message 13 of 24
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FicoGuy2019 guessing yours wasnt a debt consolidation loan due to better rate you got?  I could of said it was for something else i suppose and used the money to pay off my other personal loan, but i opted to just apply for what i was using it for although they probably would of never know nor really cared.  Although 1.x apr at this low of apr wont kill me for only 10k Smiley Happy.

Most other lenders would of made you pay it right to debt consolidation being my loan, but they just slapped it into my checking account.

Nope, I just selected new auto purchase but I won't be getting anything...I'll pay it for about 6 months or so and then pay it off...just setting myself up for future history with them if I ever need it.

Congrats though, either way 4,5,6,7 is great for debt consolidation and better than what credit cards would charge.

Message 14 of 24
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Also, there is a sort of work around for a prequal, sort of.

I went through nerd wallet and lightstream is one of their personal loan vendors...it prequalified me after putting in some general info and the last 4 of my ssn...from there I went directly to the website and applied.  

nerdwallet.jpg

Message 15 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

ya saw the pre-qual on nerd wallet.. i was pretty confident with my profile/scores i would score the best rate which i did with the loan type i picked although certainly could help others if they wonder where their profile lands for sure.. good info for others

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

rate may have also been different due to term of 24mo vrs 36mo

but either way, both EXCELLENT rates!

Message 17 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

So had a PenFed Personal loan at 12.99 for some medical stull that started out at 13k for 60 months..  Eventually found out this wasnt acceptable although been paying on it for over 13 months now and interest was what 110+ a month or there about and term of loan i think 4k in interest??  Anyways heard good things about lightstream if you have excellent credit although they don't do pre-qual's by sp figured I would see what rate I would get.  Put the application in and got the best rate at 5.95!  This is a killer rate.  Dropped term to 36 months from the 47 months I had remaining with Penfed..  Payment with penfed was 300 a month lightstream it is 310 a month lol.  interest each month approx $27 vs 110+!.  Win win..  Probably be paying it off within a year to a year and a half, but cheap money overall compared to what i was at!  So anyone with good credit and looking to get rid of a higher APR personal loan consider lightstream!

BTW approval came within 10 mins of submitting my application, no paperwork required for me and loan will be in my Checking by I believe 3 today and will them pay off the PenFed loan today!  Well worth a EQ hp, heck who cares everyone pulls EQ here so long past the scoring hit lol.

Anyone know if this loan reports as a regular installment loan of the less desirable loan i can't think of the term it is called where supposibly doesn't look as good on your reports?  Who cares even if i take a 20 point hit for a bit its wont hurt a 800 credit score profile as anything over 760 score is kinda gravy imo.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 10.28.01 AM.png

This is awesome. Just the savings a month on interest is well worth a drop in scores. Congratulations for getting that beautiful rate.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Fantastic data points on a fantastic loan!  Congrats again on the awesome rate and all the interest you'll be saving!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 24
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Anyone else know how lightstream reports on CRA and how many points hit did you take.
Current Scores

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.