cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan modifications or refinance options available for Upgrade PL after improvement?

tag
CBetc
Contributor

Loan modifications or refinance options available for Upgrade PL after improvement?

I have two personal loans with Upgrade at the moment. One with lower APR, and one with a much higher one. My credit situation has improved at this point, so I'm definitely paying too high an interest rate on the second loan now. 

Has anyone had any luck with calling up Upgrade (or any personal loan provider, really) and asking for a loan modification in a situation like this? I figure that that would be the easiest way to handle it, if I can find the right person on the other end.

Otherwise, without some built-in refinance option, I suspect Upgrade wouldn't create a third personal loan if it didn't know I was intending to pay off the other two with it, so that would lead me to refinance using another provider. I'd prefer to not have so much churn on my record though, so any tips for this situation would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Loan modifications or refinance options available for Upgrade PL after improvement?

I don't know of any lender that will rewrite their own loan at more favorable terms.

If your credit has improved enough that another lender will approve you at better terms, I would go that route.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.