cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for personal loan with mid 600s scores and fully paid for car as collateral

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for personal loan with mid 600s scores and fully paid for car as collateral

Hey All,

I went to lending tree and a bunch of prequal listed in the thread looking for a personal loan but didn't have any luck. Any recommendations on a loan provider that might lend me 8k+ with 656 Equifax, 647 TransUnion, and 620 Experian scores? I have a Porsche that's fully paid for that I could also use as collateral if necessary (45k approx value). My derogs are a late payment 6 months ago 90 days and also 70% util on my three revolvers right now. I have a long credit history with 4 years avg age of credit. Good credit mix with no other outstanding loans. The 90 day late is killing my scores. 

thanks for any help!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for personal loan with mid 600s scores and fully paid for car as collateral

Yes the 90 day late is harming you badly. The only good news is you get some points back at 6 months 12 months and 24 months. If you don’t find anything, you can look forward to most likely getting awards then and possibly qualifying then.
Message 2 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Looking for personal loan with mid 600s scores and fully paid for car as collateral

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey All,

I went to lending tree and a bunch of prequal listed in the thread looking for a personal loan but didn't have any luck. Any recommendations on a loan provider that might lend me 8k+ with 656 Equifax, 647 TransUnion, and 620 Experian scores? I have a Porsche that's fully paid for that I could also use as collateral if necessary (45k approx value). My derogs are a late payment 6 months ago 90 days and also 70% util on my three revolvers right now. I have a long credit history with 4 years avg age of credit. Good credit mix with no other outstanding loans. The 90 day late is killing my scores. 

thanks for any help!

I think the recent late and your utlization, you are going to have a hard time finding a lender.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey All,

thanks for any help!

Probably have the best luck talking to your local credit union, and putting the title to your car up for collateral. 

While I can't guarantee success, most credit unions will look past recent issues and/or poor credit scores if you are asking for less than half the value of your collateral. 

Best of luck.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey All,

thanks for any help!

Probably have the best luck talking to your local credit union, and putting the title to your car up for collateral. 

While I can't guarantee success, most credit unions will look past recent issues and/or poor credit scores if you are asking for less than half the value of your collateral. 

Best of luck.

Agree with this.  I was in a pinch several years ago and went to my credit union (Indiana Members Credit Union) that I had a long established relationship with and got a $5k collateral loan for a 2000 Jeep Cherokee I owned and got a really good interest rate (I believe around 5%).  My credit was just under 700 at the time.  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I put in an app at my local credit union and my util is actually reporting at 23% right now. Fingers crossed.

Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I put in an app at my local credit union and my util is actually reporting at 23% right now. Fingers crossed.

Good Luck on your App!

Message 7 of 8
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck on your App!

@Anonymous  est wishes to you and awesome job handling the utility %!👍

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.