Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCO VISA Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MCO VISA Card

Hi all,
I believe this is a prepaid debit card and I’m not sure this is the right place but it can be moved if needed.
I’m not into crypto and have never bought
any of it. However, I have recently took notice to the MCO card offered by crypto.com. There are 4 different options with good rewards that require a certain amount of stake in their crypto token. There is one that doesn’t require a stake but only has 1% rewards.
The one I’m looking at gives 3% cash back on all purchases and gives Netflix and Spotify for free. I use both of these, and at a max rebate of $13 and $10 respectively, it would save $276 a year. However, it requires a 500 token stake which is around $2500.
I have no need for the $2500 atm and it is just in a savings account. The savings on Spotify and Netflix alone would outweigh the 2.1% interest i’m getting on the $2500. It also requires 6 months of having that same $2500 before you can even get the card so I would lose some interest there, but not that much.
Does anyone have this card or know anything about it? Since I don’t know much about crypto, I don’t know how much risk that $2500 will have. It seems that it can be unlocked and you can get your money back easily but it would probably be the value of the 500 tokens rather than the amount you first paid.
I’ve been thinking about it and I’m leaning towards not getting it but I just wanted some opinions.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: MCO VISA Card

Hmmm.  I'm blissfully ignorant here, but also leaning away from it.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MCO VISA Card

I've staked 500 MCO for the Royal Indigo 3% card and they're going to issue me a card.  MCO is currently $3.13 each, so I staked $1,565.  I'll give my impressions at a later date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.