Did you mean: 

Managing multiple credit card accounts

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Managing multiple credit card accounts

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I've used Quicken Personal for over 20 years to manage my accounts and personal finances. I use Scheduled Transactions to list all my payments by due date, but I've found it best that when I log in to get my statement I schedule my payment then & enter it in Quicken and be done with it.

And I almost embarrassed to admit I'm still using the Quicken 2004 Edition. Smiley Wink I've looked at current editions, they haveen't re-invented balancing a checkbook or CC statement, all they add is features like you can give Quicken your login info & it will log in & automatically download transactions & statements. No thanks, no one gets my banking login info. They fewer number of things/sites that have my info, the less chance of a hack.

I use Quicken 2015 Home and Business. I don't let it connect via internet, I just enter everything manually from receipts. Super useful for cash flow projections, bill reminders, budgeting and setting savings goals that are realistic. It does a lot more, but I only use it for what I need.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Other than the potential fraud case (and every lender I have so far as caught it before I did) I simply just check my CK every so often, look at reported balances and kick a payment if I need it.

Isn't ideal for a lot of people but it works for me. 

CK is amazing for this purpose.  I absolutely love their "accounts" page because it shows the balance AND the last update and is sorted by most recent update.

Since I'm still in my rebuild mode, I basically put all my charges on the one card with the most cashback -- but I do use other cards if I travel (no FTF, etc) or if there's some promotion going on.  Still use Mint for daily balancing into my financial outlook spreadsheet (now a private website), but CK is amazing for spotchecking usage.

Message 12 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I've used Quicken Personal for over 20 years to manage my accounts and personal finances. I use Scheduled Transactions to list all my payments by due date, but I've found it best that when I log in to get my statement I schedule my payment then & enter it in Quicken and be done with it.

And I almost embarrassed to admit I'm still using the Quicken 2004 Edition. Smiley Wink I've looked at current editions, they haveen't re-invented balancing a checkbook or CC statement, all they add is features like you can give Quicken your login info & it will log in & automatically download transactions & statements. No thanks, no one gets my banking login info. They fewer number of things/sites that have my info, the less chance of a hack.

I use Quicken 2015 Home and Business. I don't let it connect via internet, I just enter everything manually from receipts. Super useful for cash flow projections, bill reminders, budgeting and setting savings goals that are realistic. It does a lot more, but I only use it for what I need.

Yeah, even Quicken 2004 wanted to connect to the internet and I blocked its access in Windows. I might upgrade to Quicken 2017 if I see it for a good price. I think I got my money's worth out of the 2004 edition. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.