Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcus Loan -- Scarily simple!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marcus Loan -- Scarily simple!!!

Thank you for the update, and I am sorry to hear about your A/C going out.

A couple of questions:

1.  The Marcus loan DOES report as an installment loan and NOT a consumer finance loan?

2.  Are you able to pay over the minimum payment and thus reduce the overall amount that you will pay in interest?

Thank you.

Message 71 of 82
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Here is how it reports per creditkarma 

Account Details

Account status Open
Type Unsecured
Loan Responsibility Individual
Remarks --
Times 30/60/90 days late 0/0/0

Yes you can make early payments and over the scheduled payment no issues. It will change the timing and date of the last payment. The one caveat I found when doing this is to make sure you make your payment after your statement cuts. One of my  payments I made after the due date and before the next statement cut, they credited the extra payment to the previous month, and the full payment was still due the following month.  Just a surprise really, but a warning if you decide to make a payment earlier than your auto-payment. If you make your normal or partial  payment early they will reduce the size of your auto-pay. But there are no penalities.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 72 of 82
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

I have a loan opened in May and already made first payment and about to have my second statement cut. However so far it has also reported to TU. Was your experience that it eventually reported to all 3 just took a couple months?

Message 73 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have to send in your paycheck stubs? 

Message 74 of 82
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@codefreak13 wrote:

I have a loan opened in May and already made first payment and about to have my second statement cut. However so far it has also reported to TU. Was your experience that it eventually reported to all 3 just took a couple months?

Same for me as well.   

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Message 75 of 82
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have to send in your paycheck stubs? 

no,  just a voided check.  

Message 76 of 82
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@codefreak13 wrote:

Same for me as well.   

Same that it is still only reporting to TU? Or that it took awhile to report to the others?

Message 77 of 82
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

only reporting on my TU report, it took about a month or so report, IIRC

Message 78 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

Here is how it reports per creditkarma 

Account Details

Account status Open
Type Unsecured
Loan Responsibility Individual
Remarks --
Times 30/60/90 days late 0/0/0

Yes you can make early payments and over the scheduled payment no issues. It will change the timing and date of the last payment. The one caveat I found when doing this is to make sure you make your payment after your statement cuts. One of my  payments I made after the due date and before the next statement cut, they credited the extra payment to the previous month, and the full payment was still due the following month.  Just a surprise really, but a warning if you decide to make a payment earlier than your auto-payment. If you make your normal or partial  payment early they will reduce the size of your auto-pay. But there are no penalities.  

Thank you!

Message 79 of 82
SteelCityPride
Valued Member

My loan is from May with my first payment and only one statement. It is also only reporting to TU. I also have another personal loan with > 8.9% on all three CRA's and will need to be paid in full mid August which will close and concerned with no installments reporting with EX & EQ after August.

Jan. 2017 Fico 8 - low 500's
Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.