Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcus by Goldman Sachs dp

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Marcus by Goldman Sachs dp

Just messing around with my curiosity, and you know what they say about curiositySmiley Wink.

Anyhow, you must have you reports unlocked to check for offers, of course i wouldnt get one if my name was AJCMOOD1, Smiley Wink, .

The interesting data point that i wanted to share for those interested in going for one of these loans, is not only did they use my TU, but they slso list Sagestream ,LLC. So be aware they are using other bureaus to gauge your worthiness.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Marcus by Goldman Sachs dp

still laugh at their rates of 17% is my most current offer at 800+ scores on TU and smaller bureaus being sagestream etc on ice.  No thank you do I have sucker stamped on my head then their email advertising campaigns are relentless if you check your rate and just ended up blocking them

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Holy Fico, is that correct CC. Now i get you are now elible to reapply for a loan. uhm no thank you. I thank my lucky stars Amex even gave me a chanceSmiley Happy.

I think im going to get a Sagestream report then freeze.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their rates. But for me they seemed to be the best place for a rather easy loan process, and comparable rate with others. I could have likely gone to the local CU and got slightly lower APR, but I prefer doing this at home instead of an overcrowded building and hour long wait time. Also don't care much for them being nosey on what I plan to use the Money on. 

Message 4 of 10
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I noticed that also they are using Sagestream now i guess they been hanging with lending club also i laughed when i seen this denial reason when i checked my rate to many CLIs in the last year they frown upon that.

Message 5 of 10
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their rates. But for me they seemed to be the best place for a rather easy loan process, and comparable rate with others. I could have likely gone to the local CU and got slightly lower APR, but I prefer doing this at home instead of an overcrowded building and hour long wait time. Also don't care much for them being nosey on what I plan to use the Money on. 

Maybe they were more agressive with rates early on, but Marcus gave me $10k at 6% for 3 years back in July of 2018 when my FICO scores were only around 700. 

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 6 of 10
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I'm carrying around $12k in CC balances, so my monitoring services Credit Karma, Experian & Equifax bombard me with personal loan offers. But what they can't see is every last dollar on my CCs is 0%, either monthly PIF balance, 0% intro on new cards, or 0% BTs, and I have the funds to pay everything, so I'm not so hot on a loan to pay them off before they need to be.

But CK has me for a $10k loan "pre-approved" with Prosper at 13.59%, "excellent approval odds" with Lending Club at 13.63%, "good approval odds" with Marcus at 12.99%, and among their other offers "pre-selected" at One Main Financial 35.99%, lol. One Main has an office in the area and I regularly get mailed pre-approvals with terms I would expect from a Payday/car title lender, think I'll pass. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Main and Prosper are constantly bombarding me as well. 

What I don't get is that Marcus states they report to all 3, yet after 2 years they still haven't reporte to EQ. Probaly explains why my score is higher with EQ than TU. 

Message 8 of 10
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What I don't get is that Marcus states they report to all 3, yet after 2 years they still haven't reporte to EQ. Probaly explains why my score is higher with EQ than TU. 

They've never reported to EQ for me either.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 9 of 10
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I'm carrying around $12k in CC balances, so my monitoring services Credit Karma, Experian & Equifax bombard me with personal loan offers. But what they can't see is every last dollar on my CCs is 0%, either monthly PIF balance, 0% intro on new cards, or 0% BTs, and I have the funds to pay everything, so I'm not so hot on a loan to pay them off before they need to be.

But CK has me for a $10k loan "pre-approved" with Prosper at 13.59%, "excellent approval odds" with Lending Club at 13.63%, "good approval odds" with Marcus at 12.99%, and among their other offers "pre-selected" at One Main Financial 35.99%, lol. One Main has an office in the area and I regularly get mailed pre-approvals with terms I would expect from a Payday/car title lender, think I'll pass. 

I would not put a lot of faith in any excellent approval odds fromCK. They are free for a reason.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.