Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcus by Goldman Sachs question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcus by Goldman Sachs question

I was just approved and funded for a loan from Marcus by Goldman.  I only asked for $7,500 and was approved right away.  No docs just a copy of my id.  I need the money for a business that I am starting.  I only asked for what I thought I needed, however I found out that I actually need a little more.  My question is can you have more than one loan at a time with them?  They pulled my Transunion file, which was a 760 (5 recent inquiries) via Credit Karma.  However when I signed my docs it was showing an 801 with them.  So again my question is can you have more than one loan with them at a time, I was thinking about doing another loan for what I need?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Marcus by Goldman Sachs question

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved and funded for a loan from Marcus by Goldman.  I only asked for $7,500 and was approved right away.  No docs just a copy of my id.  I need the money for a business that I am starting.  I only asked for what I thought I needed, however I found out that I actually need a little more.  My question is can you have more than one loan at a time with them?  They pulled my Transunion file, which was a 760 (5 recent inquiries) via Credit Karma.  However when I signed my docs it was showing an 801 with them.  So again my question is can you have more than one loan with them at a time, I was thinking about doing another loan for what I need?

You should call them and see if they can modify the existing loan...good luck!!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot have more than one loan with Marcus, and must wait 12 months between each one. However, if it has only been a couple days. Maybe you could call them and discuss modification. 

Message 3 of 8
creditlady
New Contributor

i just applied for marcus as well on monday after prosper pulled their stunt.

i uploaded my id and they asked for a check and my account info for deposit but i havent heard back. tHe site says they will get back with me in two business days. Once you gave them your deposit info how long did it take to hear back?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I uploaded my bank details and a copy of a check they were pretty quick with their responce.  It took a few hours, and they sent an email saying esign your docs.  Once the docs were esigned I got an email later that day saying that the money was on the way to the bank.  It was in my account the next morning.  It took less than 24 hours to be deposited after they sent the funds. The process was pretty simple.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Thread in late March.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever hear from them I am in the same boat as you were
Message 7 of 8
creditlady
New Contributor

Yes i had to call them up.

they were very nIce and picked up on the first ring. Just needed to verify my id and that was it

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.