Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member of the following credit unions/banks

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Member of the following credit unions/banks

Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), AllyBank (Checking/Savings), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.

Anyony think i should close any of the accounts?  or just keep them open.    I can send a $1 to each account via ACH transfer automatically each paycheck.   I figure down the road they may be useful and why take another possible credit hit.

Paycheck Direct Deposit - PENFED to avoid service fee Min $500/month (Only like Penfed for transfer credit is given instantly)

ACH Transfer 1$ to each account that isnt being 'used' (Set this up automatically within Penfed)

ACH transfer fixed bills portion of check to Alliant (automatically)

ACH Transfer my Car Loan portion to Credit Union Share  (Automatically)

ACH Transfer remining to a spending account (NWFCU) as thats where my secured card is at and need to payoff and get instant transfer payments)

ACH Transfer Savings Portion to an account.

i.e.

If rent is $1000/month...   1000X12 = 12,000 / 52 weeks = $230.77 for weekly fixed expense

I want Hanscom FCU (Or any credit union that gives paycheck early by 2 days like DCU did Smiley Sad

Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Member of the following credit unions/banks

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), AllyBank (Checking/Savings), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.

Anyony think i should close any of the accounts?  or just keep them open.    I can send a $1 to each account via ACH transfer automatically each paycheck.   I figure down the road they may be useful and why take another possible credit hit.

Paycheck Direct Deposit - PENFED to avoid service fee Min $500/month (Only like Penfed for transfer credit is given instantly)

ACH Transfer 1$ to each account that isnt being 'used' (Set this up automatically within Penfed)

ACH transfer fixed bills portion of check to Alliant (automatically)

ACH Transfer my Car Loan portion to Credit Union Share  (Automatically)

ACH Transfer remining to a spending account (NWFCU) as thats where my secured card is at and need to payoff and get instant transfer payments)

ACH Transfer Savings Portion to an account.

i.e.

If rent is $1000/month...   1000X12 = 12,000 / 52 weeks = $230.77 for weekly fixed expense

I want Hanscom FCU (Or any credit union that gives paycheck early by 2 days like DCU did Smiley Sad

Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)

Other credit unions giving 2 days early direct deposit like Hanscom & DCU: Langley FCU & Service CU.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Holy Fico!)🤯
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Holy Fico!)🤯

That’s what I said!

OP, that’s a LOT of CUs you have there, I couldn’t even begin to tell you how to pare down the list. I certainly would though, what exactly is the benefit of having so many?

Message 4 of 17
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I believe NASA will close out a share account if it is inactive too long.

My suggestion is if you want to remain a member either transfer money in and out or deposit occasionally.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 17
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

The Only Reason I dont want to close any of the accounts... the moment I do... they will come out with something I want.. or merge with a credit union or something....   why risk taking a hard pull to join later.    I do transfer a $1 into the accounts each pay period...so they are NOT inactive.   i have them all linked to quicken.

just opened a wells fargo checking today (student loan with them since 2008....)  I ONLY did it for the $400 bonus     then i will probobly close it unless they offer a preapprioval for a visa before

Message 6 of 17
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Langley FCU
Service CU

I'll look into them

Message 7 of 17
Green456
Established Contributor

I’m opposite. I close CUs that I don’t use. I closed the following in past year:
State Department
First Tech
Lake Michigan
The only reason I’m keeping Fort Knox is because they were first CU I joined so I have soft spot for them and they don’t charge any fees on their accounts. And I’m hoping Navy Fed merges with them in the future.
Message 8 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy should buy/merge all CUs lolSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that in the same land where all restaurants are Taco Bell?

As much as I like Navy, I'm a firm believer in not storing all eggs in one basket.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.