Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile deposit not ours

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Mobile deposit not ours

Ok of course my bank isn't open til Tuesday . Just received an alert about a mobile deposit for 814.00. We didn't make a deposit 😳 It is not even on my deposit history. It would be a nice treat but it's not ours. 

Not sure how this happened. Computer glitch ? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Mobile deposit not ours

Could be a glitch, could be an honest human error, could be prep work for fraud.

Sorry that you'll have to wait for Tuesday, but DO call your bank as soon as possible.

Good luck!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade 

Thanks. I just hate waiting to see what this is all about😡I will keep me eye closely on accounts until then .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Ok of course my bank isn't open til Tuesday . Just received an alert about a mobile deposit for 814.00. We didn't make a deposit 😳 It is not even on my deposit history. It would be a nice treat but it's not ours. 

Go on a shopping spree, stat!

Just kidding of course. It could be a computer glitch, but unlikely - when you log into a mobile app it's only going to give you options for your accounts. I think possible prep for fraud more likely than a computer glitch. Change your banking login ASAP, and if you use that bank's login for any other logins change those as well.

Message 4 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Go on a shopping spree, stat!

Just kidding of course. It could be a computer glitch, but unlikely - when you log into a mobile app it's only going to give you options for your accounts. I think possible prep for fraud more likely than a computer glitch. Change your banking login ASAP, and if you use that bank's login for any other logins change those as well.

@DaveInAZ 

Thanks  good idea changing password right now 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

While that is certainly possible, $814 is rather large for a fraudulent deposit ruse...  I suspect human error by either the depositor or the bank.  Perhaps banks computer misread a few digits of an account number?

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

While that is certainly possible, $814 is rather large for a fraudulent deposit ruse...  I suspect human error by either the depositor or the bank.  Perhaps banks computer misread a few digits of an account number?

I thought so too, but it's mobile which is odd because you deposit that while you are logged in? But I guess their computer system may be glitched?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

I thought so too, but it's mobile which is odd because you deposit that while you are logged in? But I guess their computer system may be glitched?

Yes, I do mobile check deposits regularly and did one this week. Once logged in the app the only thing you key in is the amount of the check, and then if you have more than one account you select which account you want the deposit to go into from a drop down menu, then take a pic of the front & back of the check. And not really that large an amount, I'm pretty sure my banks give me instant credit of up to $1k/day. @Jnbmom you might check your external accounts, if there's a new external account you don't recognize delete it.

Message 8 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ 

That's exactly how I do my deposits, I wish I put in 800 bucks today 😂

Just can't figure out how it got deposited to our account, I did zero bank transactions this weekend .

No odd external accounts 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Just can't figure out how it got deposited to our account, I did zero bank transactions this weekend .

That's mine! I was wondering where I put itSmiley Very Happy

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.