Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to America for 2 years!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving to America for 2 years!

KInd of doubting the validity of this posting....anglo name and he said "Mate" but there is some broken English in his replies. I thought he may be from Australia or the UK but I don't know.  Also who moves to a foreign country but does not know where they will make their home base? This is for work...working remotely? If this is true I am jealous LOL.

Cool cities.....as others mentioned, different people have different ideas of what is cool.

I'd say if you are a young Millennial, Seattle, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles (of course), Denver and Austin, Texas have great city life as well as outdoor recreation. LA is an obvious choice because there is so much happening there but it is crowded. Salt Lake City, Utah is also a really great area. Others will probably scoff because of the stereotypes of Utah, but Utah is beautiful for the outdoors men/outdoors women. It is also a days drive to Las Vegas for an occasional sinful vacation. 

NYC is overrated. NYC is a great place to visit for a week or so. There are only so many plays you can see and restaurants to eat at before it gets old. Chicago is a great sports town with some great restaurants and city life; but, like NYC, after awhile it can get old. Coastal Florida has great weather and who wouldn't love the beaches? But like NYC and Chicago, only in reverse, you can only go to the beach so many times (others may disagree). 

Again these are just my thoughts of what a cool city is. I am an "almost millennial" and a native of Colorado so, obviously, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, Austin and LA appeal to me the most. I like the mixture of outdoor activities and city life. 

Regardless, if you are in fact Australian or British, you will have a ton of luck with the ladies (and/or guys) here because of your accent LOL! 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.