Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Municipal Credit Union (NY) datapoints

tag
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Municipal Credit Union (NY) datapoints

Some intel for those who want to use MCU in the New York City area

The best rates for auto is 725+ for auto and 740+ for personal loans (my 703 qualified for a 10% 25K loan for 72 months apparently, and 2.75 for 60 months ofr auto). They pulled experian. I have heard anecdotally they have pulled TU for some others

New credit would require a new application but will use same pull within the same 30 days.

Enjoy!

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Municipal Credit Union (NY) datapoints

Thanks for sharing!!

Message 2 of 5
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I was considering applying for a cli but I'm sure it's worth it. My scores aren't as high as yours.
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gurusexy wrote:

Some intel for those who want to use MCU in the New York City area

The best rates for auto is 725+ for auto and 740+ for personal loans (my 703 qualified for a 10% 25K loan for 72 months apparently, and 2.75 for 60 months ofr auto). They pulled experian. I have heard anecdotally they have pulled TU for some others

New credit would require a new application but will use same pull within the same 30 days.

Enjoy!

I've been an MCU member since 2003, and I will tell you a few things.

1) DO NOT GET AN AUTO LOAN from MCU. (This is not to bash them at all).

However, personal loans are definitely a + with MCU

They pull EX for personal loans and Auto loans

Credit Cards: TU..

For credit increases: TU

Message 4 of 5
Chitown2newyk
Valued Member

What is wrong with the auto loans of you don't mind me asking? I heard it was the best terms out there if you qualify for the lowest rate.
Credit score - 721 TU (lender pulled 5/21/13), EQ - 736 (MyFico pulled on 7/03/13), EX - 721 (MyFico pulled on 9/07/13) Goal - 780 *Garden* until May 2014 when 5 baddies age to 4.5 yrs. Then prime card app spree!

Cards wanted: Amex gold, CSP, and BCP

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.