Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Biggest Financial Regret [Edit: Wrong]

tag
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: My Biggest Financial Regret

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

My biggest financial regret? Not investing more money and buying property when I was younger so I could retire in my mid-40s.

Absolutely!

More into retirement funds & real estate, and less cars & partying for me if I could go back into time.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Other than interest rate, what's the difference?

You CAN use a credit card to handle some cash flow emergency and pay it back as able.  A PLOC (and a HELOC I discovered...) BOTH affect your overall utilization just like a credit card.

If you want one, go get one.  If you've got plenty of credit cards available, I don't think that it will help you much.

Actually, a HELOC over $50,000 behaves differently.  The HELOC on my profile is at 100% utilization and has no effect on my utilization and, as far as I can tell, very little impact on my scores.

NOTE: I'm a cosigner on said HELOC and it might be one of my top 5 credit regrets.  

Message 12 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@OmarR wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

My biggest financial regret? Not investing more money and buying property when I was younger so I could retire in my mid-40s.

Absolutely!

More into retirement funds & real estate, and less cars & partying for me if I could go back into time.

God, the amount of money I dumped into cars...I could have bought some land and turned it into a strip mall. My wife's step-grandmother gets $11k a month from just one.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.