cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FEDERAL PERSONAL LOAN UNDER REVIEW

tag
angel70

NAVY FEDERAL PERSONAL LOAN UNDER REVIEW

While applying online for NFCU personal loan, previously I have been stopped at the middle tab and it will tell me that my application doesn't meet NFCU's standards, etc.  This time I did get past the get approved tab and it gave me the APR and monthly payment range and asking where I want proceeds deposited and if I want automatic payments.  It didn't say approved, it said under review for 2 hours.  Is this normal?  Will I get a notification either way?

Angel70
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NAVY FEDERAL PERSONAL LOAN UNDER REVIEW

@angel70 wrote:

While applying online for NFCU personal loan, previously I have been stopped at the middle tab and it will tell me that my application doesn't meet NFCU's standards, etc.  This time I did get past the get approved tab and it gave me the APR and monthly payment range and asking where I want proceeds deposited and if I want automatic payments.  It didn't say approved, it said under review for 2 hours.  Is this normal?  Will I get a notification either way?

Hi @angel70 , Pretty standard for NFCU to do a manual review, yes they will notify you!

Sometimes you can log-In and see it under "messages".

If you do not hear back within say 24 hours?, I would call them.

Good Luck and Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also check the application status on their website or within their app. 

Message 3 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's normal. For my latest app, it went to review, then looked like it was approved, then I got an email that they needed info from me, but they didn't, then I got an email that I need to agree to their stipulations which was actually a counteroffer, then I was approved, then I had to e-sign documents.

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@angel70 wrote:

@angel70   .. Did you receive any updates?

Message 5 of 17
angel70

No, I'm too scared.  I figure I'll see a denial letter soon.  I just thought I had a chance since I didn't get a flat out denial.  I'll let you know if I get any updates, thanks.

Angel70
Message 6 of 17
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@angel70 

Any updates on whether you got approved for your personal loan? 

Message 7 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

@angel70 

Any updates on whether you got approved for your personal loan? 

+1

Message 8 of 17
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It's normal. For my latest app, it went to review, then looked like it was approved, then I got an email that they needed info from me, but they didn't, then I got an email that I need to agree to their stipulations which was actually a counteroffer, then I was approved, then I had to e-sign documents.

This is exactly my experience with my recent CLOC app.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 9 of 17
angel70

Denied...DTI is heavy..score not ideal.  I don't have the letter yet.  Oh well, going to hide under a rock for a while.  Thanks guys.

Angel70
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.