Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCFU Membership Decline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCFU Membership Decline

I applied for NCFU recently.

When I tried to apply through 'Select Emplyoee Group' -> Selected Other -> Typed my Employer name, it showed me eligibility.

Got Excited and applied on the weekend.

Then I got an email on Monday to upload proof, sent my paystub. Also noticed a soft pull on my bureau.

Today, I got a decline email.

Is there any way to get into NCFU without any links to servicemembers 

image.png

8 REPLIES 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: NCFU Membership Decline

Try calling their membership department

Message 2 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They only way to get in without being employed or related to an employee of the DoD is to be roommates with a member.

Message 3 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Should note that you need to show proof of household expenses for them to sponsor you. Lease, utility bills, etc.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them to inform the glitch.

Still a no go for me. I will not have access to NCFU.

Will have to stick with my Penfed.

Maybe they fix the glitch in the system.

Message 5 of 9
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear. The only thing I'll add is, I think more people qualify than realize it. I assumed I was not eligible since I have no immediate family members who were in the regular military, but I learned on this board that National Guard service counts. My father was in the National Guard in the 1960s, and that qualified me. A grandparent would also qualify, and if you have no such connections but a spouse does, the spouse could join and then you could join. If you still can't find a way in, though ... ah well, PenFed is also good. Smiley Happy

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I am surpised @AllZero did not chime in with the "daisy chain method"Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I am surpised @AllZero did not chime in with the "daisy chain method"Smiley Very Happy

I remember reading those daisy chain threads on a different forum way back. It was crazy with how many people would be involved in the chain just to get one person into Navy.

Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear about your decline. All I know is some how you have to be related to some one in service. I became a member long time ago when NFCU bought another bank and I was a member of that bank and automatically I became a member of NFCU.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.