cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCFU - do step parents count to get you in?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NCFU - do step parents count to get you in?

@BmoreBull wrote:

Thank you guys so much for this information. My grandfather was in the army and was discharged back in the 40's. Unfortunately he passed away when I was very young. I never thought that this would make me eligible for membership until I saw this thread. I called Navy today and asked them, and was told yes that I was eligible. They told me that I might need a copy of his DD 214, but they told me how to obtain it online. They took my application over the phone and then sent me an email to verify my identity by uploading my documents. So excited right now. Thank you guys. 

Congratulations on your membership!

Message 11 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@BmoreBull  Glad you're getting started with NFCU!! Its because of this outstanding community here that I learned I could join! 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 13
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Got confirmation on my Navy Fed account today. I have yet to receive a hard pull for the account, even though the csr told me that it is a hard pull for the membership. Here's my dilemma. I am supposed to be in the garden until May of next years. My scores are in my sig, and that's after rebuilding since February. If they hard pull me should I try to use the same hard pull for a credit card? They said they had a deal going for the cash rewards I think 0 percent for 12 months. So that's the card that I would be interested in. The csr couldn't tell me if I had any approvals, so I declined to apply for anything.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.