Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Advice

I need your help!! I have been thinking about switching my banking to another bank because i hate fees (currently with TD Bank...) and I see that I qualify for NFCU (I think: my brother is Air Force Reserves and my father is retired Army).

I have been reading about other people experience in regards to openung up a checking account and I guess they penalize for too many new open credit accounts...is this true? I have been on an APP SPREE and I don't want to miss my chance to get in with them.

What do they look for in regards to opening up a new checking and savings account?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Advice

No way Jose!!!! You are good to go to join!!! Runnnn and join pronto. BEST CU on the planet!!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol thanks but should I wait for my new accounts to settle first?
Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Absolutely NOT. Your new accounts have nothing to do with a checking and savings. All they care about is your eligibility. Once you get set up online, you may have pre-approvals depending on your profile!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading up all this credit business and saw that I really could benefit from joining NFCU. & got so excited upon reading : "FAMILY MEMBERS including grandparents" as both grandfathers served, but then got to "Once your family members have joined, their family members are also eligible for membership." They are dead. & apparently so are my chances of joining. booooooooo.... if only NFCU allowing their members a guest membership or something. haha.

good luck! very jealous!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up joining....and getting a $10k flagship card (should've gotten cash rewards) AND $10.5k for Navcheck (too chicken to ask for $15k)....my highest credit limit yet....feeling SPECIAL! !!!
Message 7 of 9
kjel
Established Contributor

Congrats! Just don't go crazy running up your credit card or sponsoring a bunch of people in a short amount of time.

I joined in October. I've transitioned to using them as my primary financial institution, have two of their special high yield CDs, and am working to transfer over the rest of my assets as they mature.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep that is the plan. After my account settles i am going to open up an account for each of my children and my boyfriend. I plan on opening up a CD with them as well. Slow and steady....i don't want to mess this opportunity up!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.