Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack

NFCU almost gave me a heart attack today.  I signed in online to pay my auto loan and it said it was past due and I owed 2 months payment. This is a new loan and the payment is due tomorrow. I started to hyperventilate while waiting on hold to talk to someone.  When the CSR came on and looked at it she told me that if a payment is due on a weekend the system automatically calculates the current payment and the next months payment.  She further stated that the system will update on Monday and all is good.  Felt relieved as I have worked real hard and long to get my credit back. I need to stop procrastinating and set up auto pay to prevent this in the future. 

I just wanted to share this in case it happens to someone else. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack

Do you not have "alerts" set up, like both snail mail and email statements? Not to mention warning payment due in ____ days? 

This is what I do to prevent such possible debacles. I can understand a rogue CC that barely get used being forgotten, but a car payment? lol

I know that many swear by auto pay, but my fear is that could go unpaid due to an anomonly. And I'd be oblivious because I'm going on about my life knowing everything it getting paid.  My worry is that because auto pay generally pays it on the due date, any glitch causing a delay would be a late payment. For me there's something calming/secure about knowing that I manually paid it and I'm free and clear till next month.

Fortunately your situation worked out without any problems. Another DP for NFCU having great CS.

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Alerts and Autopay a must!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you not have "alerts" set up, like both snail mail and email statements? Not to mention warning payment due in ____ days? 

This is what I do to prevent such possible debacles. I can understand a rogue CC that barely get used being forgotten, but a car payment? lol

I know that many swear by auto pay, but my fear is that could go unpaid due to an anomonly. And I'd be oblivious because I'm going on about my life knowing everything it getting paid.  My worry is that because auto pay generally pays it on the due date, any glitch causing a delay would be a late payment. For me there's something calming/secure about knowing that I manually paid it and I'm free and clear till next month.

Fortunately your situation worked out without any problems. Another DP for NFCU having great CS.

I agree however I check my credit accounts almost daily so I knew when the payment was due.  I went in to pay the note a day before it was due and got that late payment message when I signed in. I like to pay manually as well and have most accounts set up for auto pay but usually pay before the auto pay date just to make sure.  I am not entirely comfortable with auto pay but have not experienced any problems so far but sometimes technology fails you.  And yes NFCU's customer service is excellent.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Alerts and Autopay a must!

Agree.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.