Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Application/Eligibility

tag
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

NFCU Application/Eligibility

Good evening,

Does anyone have experience with the NFCU application process? I am trying to get accepted into the credit union since my grandfather served in the Air Force. I called a CSR and she said that I would need to be able to provide his DD-214 form. I called up my grandfather & he has a copy of it in his garage, but he lives 4 hours away. 

Is there any chance that just bringing a photo/scanned version of the DD-214 would be sufficient for NFCU to grant membership? For clarity he is not already, and is not interested in joining NFCU.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Application/Eligibility

I would think a copy would suffice. Although I have rarely seen any posts where applying members had to produce it? They told me they "may" ask for it in the future but I didn't have to show them that. I have my father's military letter because when I requested his DD they told me there was a fire and records were destroyed from a certain time period and mailed me a seal stamped letter of his service. However my son also served and does have his DD form handy if I need it .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Gokuva wrote:

Good evening,

Does anyone have experience with the NFCU application process? I am trying to get accepted into the credit union since my grandfather served in the Air Force. I called a CSR and she said that I would need to be able to provide his DD-214 form. I called up my grandfather & he has a copy of it in his garage, but he lives 4 hours away. 

Is there any chance that just bringing a photo/scanned version of the DD-214 would be sufficient for NFCU to grant membership? For clarity he is not already, and is not interested in joining NFCU.

Wow, yours is the first report I've seen of them asking for documentation.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Gokuva wrote:

Good evening,

Wow, yours is the first report I've seen of them asking for documentation.

Interesting.

There is a branch 15 minutes away from my house. I'll go in and speak to them to see & update this thread in case anyone else runs into a similar situation.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.