Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC @ $500!? REALLY!!??

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU CLOC @ $500!? REALLY!!??

I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you wanted, and I would be annoyed as well.

If I understand correctly your utilization is 0%?  I agree with the others that this might have worked against you, since it appears like you're not using any credit; we've seen similar denials before with others who are trying to aggressively keep to AZEO by paying before their statements are generated.  Even if you PIF (like many of us do) you might help the situation by allowing the balances to report organically, then PIF by the due date.

I would be tempted to take the $500 and go for a CLI in a few months.  You've already taken the HP, and we all know how NFCU can be generous with CLIs even on accounts that start off modestly.

Just my 2¢. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What you need is some good ol @Gmood1 advise on reporting credit limits lolSmiley Wink oh @Gmood1 ?Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you wanted, and I would be annoyed as well.

If I understand correctly your utilization is 0%?  I agree with the others that this might have worked against you, since it appears like you're not using any credit; we've seen similar denials before with others who are trying to aggressively keep to AZEO by paying before their statements are generated.  Even if you PIF (like many of us do) you might help the situation by allowing the balances to report organically, then PIF by the due date.

I would be tempted to take the $500 and go for a CLI in a few months.  You've already taken the HP, and we all know how NFCU can be generous with CLIs even on accounts that start off modestly.

Just my 2¢. Smiley Happy

Hi,  I just looked and I have $ 107 showing up on a CSR and that is it, so there is a balance reporting but the portal shows it at 0%.  its rounding down because if I had no balance then I would not be at 850 on ex.  I hear what you are saying but I cannot take the $ 500.  I don't see my using it enough for them to auto cli it and I am not taking hits to grow it.  I am more of a how you start is how you finish sort of guy + I cannot take the 500 because of vanity, pride or whatever its called.  I dont have the interest level in any of this to grow it, I have enough problems with the citrus in my backyard as it stands.  what I am hoping is that nfcu just cancels the app and turns me into a softpull (never hurts to ask) and I will just deal with dsu to get me what I want.  I appreciate your input, thank you and have a nice weekend

Message 23 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Just my 2¢. Smiley Happy

Hi,  I just looked and I have $ 107 showing up on a CSR and that is it, so there is a balance reporting but the portal shows it at 0%.  its rounding down because if I had no balance then I would not be at 850 on ex.  I hear what you are saying but I cannot take the $ 500.  I don't see my using it enough for them to auto cli it and I am not taking hits to grow it.  I am more of a how you start is how you finish sort of guy + I cannot take the 500 because of vanity, pride or whatever its called.  I dont have the interest level in any of this to grow it, I have enough problems with the citrus in my backyard as it stands.  what I am hoping is that nfcu just cancels the app and turns me into a softpull (never hurts to ask) and I will just deal with dsu to get me what I want.  I appreciate your input, thank you and have a nice weekend

You don't have to use the CLOC. Just use your $25K NFCU card and then ask for a CLI in 3 months on the CLOC. I'm willing to bet you'll get the $15K. Also, NFCU is definitely not cancelling the HP because you did put in the request. 

Oh the pride -- oh well, what else can one say?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 24 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

You don't have to use the CLOC. Just use your $25K NFCU card and then ask for a CLI in 3 months on the CLOC. I'm willing to bet you'll get the $15K. Also, NFCU is definitely not cancelling the HP because you did put in the request. 

Oh the pride -- oh well, what else can one say?

I did not know that but it would still take a hp or possible hp for the cli, yes?  I already said for them to step up or cancel so my bet is that its toast when they read my love note.  I have moved on,  if dcu really scans eq and does cli's based on scores then they are my kind of place + I feel better starting off with 5k then 500.  credit is not my hobby, drinking wine and bourbon is my hobby.  I have neither the time or interest of investing anymore time into any off this as I already have.  appreciate the comments!

Message 25 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

so I went for the cloc yesterday afternoon.  around 330a I woke up to raid the kitchen and noticed an email from them.  honestly I thought I was seeing things.  a $ 500 counter offer to my $15K request...on what planet does this make sense...850, 0%, dti nill, $25k nfcu card (seldom used) no inq on eq, no credit in 2+ years, etc.  sort of laughing and semi-insulted I called them and asked for another review.  the csr was proud to say that I got the lowest rate and I am like for what, so I can finance a rake and a few bags of potting mix at the lowest rate and she laughed.  I offered to upload the docs I just got from my pnc $66k bloc a week ago.  it floors me, how can a lender be so far off or so different than another?  I would have used pedfed as one of my cars if through them but 17.99 is a bit rich.  I know, I know, its nothing personal its just credit but really lol

Sorry OPSmiley Sad

ya, i'd be just a tad bit upset.Smiley Mad

maybe Navy did not like "pnc $66k bloc a week ago."

but then who knows. as with any lender, can go any which way.

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit unions generally don’t like to give loans to people who won’t use them. I think your lack of credit use is working against you in this case because they would rather lend to people who will use it. 

Perfect.  They felt like you  would not use it so why give it. However if you took it and started to use imo it could grow if  garden it. 

It kind of reminds me of a few of dw older cards none or limited rewards the limits are low relatively speaking for her $1K to $5K. Given her current rewards cards it would take a miracle  for her to use them enough to get cli. Her scores 760 - 800 range.    More current cards $10K to $21K limts. 

Message 27 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

I took the $ 500 @ 13.9%.  The reason why is I called DCU about getting a SL increase on a $5K offer they gave me.  the woman was very nice, offered to app for me, etc.   she said to ask for the moon and they will always counter.  I asked for $20k, the approved it and they countered with wanting 2 years of returns lol.  I said what about the $5K offer, can I have that??  uw responded with a no.  self-emp = returns.  that is a non-starter for me.  I just got home filled in the online app in process and asked for $5K so lets see what happens ha-ha.  the offer I got was not-conditional, to me its was a no strings attached offer so it will be interesting to see what they do.  sort of.  I have a ink unlimited that I am going to use the nfcu account to pay off and I am going to AU my card to a 17 year old under my wing so hopefully I will be cli worthy in the future

Message 28 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

I took the $ 500 @ 13.9%.  The reason why is I called DCU about getting a SL increase on a $5K offer they gave me.  the woman was very nice, offered to app for me, etc.   she said to ask for the moon and they will always counter.  I asked for $20k, the approved it and they countered with wanting 2 years of returns lol.  I said what about the $5K offer, can I have that??  uw responded with a no.  self-emp = returns.  that is a non-starter for me.  I just got home filled in the online app in process and asked for $5K so lets see what happens ha-ha.  the offer I got was not-conditional, to me its was a no strings attached offer so it will be interesting to see what they do.  sort of.  I have a ink unlimited that I am going to use the nfcu account to pay off and I am going to AU my card to a 17 year old under my wing so hopefully I will be cli worthy in the future

I'm glad to see you swallowed your pride. Smiley Wink You're going to find out, as the majority of us NFCU members already know--trumpets please--NFCU rocks!!!!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, most of us had to provide POI to DCU. It’s actually pretty rare that they don’t ask for it. Glad you took NFCU’s offer though. Show them some use and it will grow.
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.