Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC @ $500!? REALLY!!??

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC @ $500!? REALLY!!??

@CreditInspired wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

I took the $ 500 @ 13.9%.  The reason why is I called DCU about getting a SL increase on a $5K offer they gave me.  the woman was very nice, offered to app for me, etc.   she said to ask for the moon and they will always counter.  I asked for $20k, the approved it and they countered with wanting 2 years of returns lol.  I said what about the $5K offer, can I have that??  uw responded with a no.  self-emp = returns.  that is a non-starter for me.  I just got home filled in the online app in process and asked for $5K so lets see what happens ha-ha.  the offer I got was not-conditional, to me its was a no strings attached offer so it will be interesting to see what they do.  sort of.  I have a ink unlimited that I am going to use the nfcu account to pay off and I am going to AU my card to a 17 year old under my wing so hopefully I will be cli worthy in the future

I'm glad to see you swallowed your pride. Smiley Wink You're going to find out, as the majority of us NFCU members already know--trumpets please--NFCU rocks!!!!!!

ok, I am trusting you here lol...putting my nfcu card use aside for moment the cloc in its present form is near worthless as a autopay instrument for credit cards which is one of the features I wanted it for.  should I just put $ 400 on it each month, pif before the end of the month and repeat?  that way I would have a net if I forget to pay a card and keep a lid on util.  I have an ink unlimited with a ~$5K bal @ 0%, seems like a perfect setup for something like this...how long do I have to keep up this facade before I attempt a cli?   of course if dcu comes back with something then I have that option but it seems like I wasted a hp with them if they want poi/taxes and that it will not fly.  they should not put out pre-approved offers with no contigency unless they plan on following through, if they dont honor it it will really piss me off.  they sp'ed during the app phase, they knew what they had - bait and switch does not sit well with me.  I should have never called, they would have prob done it all on a sp and only asked for returned and hp'ed me if i wanted to continue.  what can you do

Message 31 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FWIW, most of us had to provide POI to DCU. It’s actually pretty rare that they don’t ask for it. Glad you took NFCU’s offer though. Show them some use and it will grow.

really wish I knew about the poi before I talked with the csr or got involved with them.  I take things at face, if someone dangles a $5K card or whatever in front of me I expect they fulfill their offer unless there is a caveat attached to it.  there cc offer was no strings attached so there is that.  time will tell i suppose but that is one hp that I will want back if they back out of the offer

Message 32 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

I took the $ 500 @ 13.9%.  The reason why is I called DCU about getting a SL increase on a $5K offer they gave me.  the woman was very nice, offered to app for me, etc.   she said to ask for the moon and they will always counter.  I asked for $20k, the approved it and they countered with wanting 2 years of returns lol.  I said what about the $5K offer, can I have that??  uw responded with a no.  self-emp = returns.  that is a non-starter for me.  I just got home filled in the online app in process and asked for $5K so lets see what happens ha-ha.  the offer I got was not-conditional, to me its was a no strings attached offer so it will be interesting to see what they do.  sort of.  I have a ink unlimited that I am going to use the nfcu account to pay off and I am going to AU my card to a 17 year old under my wing so hopefully I will be cli worthy in the future

I'm glad to see you swallowed your pride. Smiley Wink You're going to find out, as the majority of us NFCU members already know--trumpets please--NFCU rocks!!!!!!

ok, I am trusting you here lol...putting my nfcu card use aside for moment the cloc in its present form is near worthless as a autopay instrument for credit cards which is one of the features I wanted it for.  should I just put $ 400 on it each month, pif before the end of the month and repeat?  that way I would have a net if I forget to pay a card and keep a lid on util.  I have an ink unlimited with a ~$5K bal @ 0%, seems like a perfect setup for something like this...how long do I have to keep up this facade before I attempt a cli?   of course if dcu comes back with something then I have that option but it seems like I wasted a hp with them if they want poi/taxes and that it will not fly.  they should not put out pre-approved offers with no contigency unless they plan on following through, if they dont honor it it will really piss me off.  they sp'ed during the app phase, they knew what they had - bait and switch does not sit well with me.  I should have never called, they would have prob done it all on a sp and only asked for returned and hp'ed me if i wanted to continue.  what can you do

I suggest over the next 91 days (3 statement cuts), use your $25K NFCU card organically and put recurring charges on it (cell phone, utilities, cable, groceries, streaming subscriptions, auto insurance, etc). Lenders want to make money off those swipe fees. And let large balances report but still PIF before statement cuts.  

I put spend on both my platinum and cashRewards. I have only used my CLOC once since I’ve had it. 

Then at the card’s 91 day/3 statements cut, ask for a CLI on the CLOC. What you’re showing NFCU is that you’re using their product and making money for them. 

Also, in the meantime, I suggest reading a lot of the posts in these forums. They are packed with information; and everyone has experienced at least one thing with their credit profile that is an extremely usefulul DP. You have learned that CCCs dont tell us everything up front—only what they legally have to do. It is from this forum where one learns the bulk of the information about each CC. We lean on each other so-to-speak. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 33 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

I suggest over the next 91 days (3 statement cuts), use your $25K NFCU card organically and put recurring charges on it (cell phone, utilities, cable, groceries, streaming subscriptions, auto insurance, etc). Lenders want to make money off those swipe fees. And let large balances report but still PIF before statement cuts.  

I put spend on both my platinum and cashRewards. I have only used my CLOC once since I’ve had it. 

Then at the card’s 91 day/3 statements cut, ask for a CLI on the CLOC. What you’re showing NFCU is that you’re using their product and making money for them. 

Also, in the meantime, I suggest reading a lot of the posts in these forums. They are packed with information; and everyone has experienced at least one thing with their credit profile that is an extremely usefulul DP. You have learned that CCCs dont tell us everything up front—only what they legally have to do. It is from this forum where one learns the bulk of the information about each CC. We lean on each other so-to-speak. 

GL2U

honestly, it would be easier to just use the cloc a bit to pay some cc bills, but is your point is that the interest they earn will not be enough for an increase vs the swipes?  do we know that using the cloc along will not be enough?  how about an AU attached to my nfcu card, would that suffice or do the swipes have to come from me?   I really don't want to retool my setup + I dont have the time or interest to read futher on this, remember this is not my hobby.  I hate to wait, I want to fast track this.  thank you for your time

Message 34 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne wrote:

GL2U

honestly, it would be easier to just use the cloc a bit to pay some cc bills, but is your point is that the interest they earn will not be enough for an increase vs the swipes?  do we know that using the cloc along will not be enough?  how about an AU attached to my nfcu card, would that suffice or do the swipes have to come from me?   I really don't want to retool my setup + I dont have the time or interest to read futher on this, remember this is not my hobby.  I hate to wait, I want to fast track thisthank you for your time

I think AU would work just fine but based on the same things you said in multiple posts, I feel the need to address this 

You've gotten some great advice here on how to achieve what you're looking for, but you keep reverting back on not wanting to be inconvenience or stepping outside your set up. 

If you dont want to step outside your set up, then avoid other lenders 

If your other lenders do not provide the service you're looking for, then you have to play by the rules of those who do 

As far as "this not being your hobby and not wanting to read" , well this is what happens when you dont read. Two easily avoidable heartbreaks (NFCU and DCU). 

This is not my hobby, I dont mind helping but when someone clearly states they will not bother or be inconvenienced with reading or listening, that's where my will to help stops

Believe it or not, typing in vain is not my hobby, and i cant imagine it being a hobby for anyone who posted in this thread.

It's a bit of slap in face being told in two or three posts how you dont care about this, it's not "your hobby" while continuing to ask for help.

Their time is just as valuable and while they all tried to help you, you need to do legwork yourself. 

Everyone who posted here volunteer their time and effort. They did their reading. They did the legwork. They used their time. 

I could paraphrase whole post into "I dont want to bother with this, I got other more important things to to, you dont"

If you dont want to be inconvenienced by changing set up or reading up, stick with what you have. That's the fastest track.  

And yeah, I get the "not the hobby" part. It's a financial tool. One you would be using, so you'll need to work on it yourself. 

Good luck to you 

Message 35 of 37
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

point taken.  ever try and use the search tool here to get a terse response?  that is my point, I have the time for a answer or to post an answer for someone but not hours to try and pour over searches or vast posts for responses that have nothing to do with what I am after

Message 36 of 37
UncleB
Credit Mentor

OP has received good advice and has decided on how to move forward.

As the thread has run its course it's now closed to new message.

--UB
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.