Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC - EQ or TU?

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

NFCU CLOC - EQ or TU?

My other post is locked due to a username change issue I was having, so I am creating a new one.

I just opened a checking account this evening in addition to the savings account.  I have read that for CLOC's they use EQ.  I have EQ unlocked specifically for the CLOC and TU is now locked after I was approved for NFCU Cash Rewards this morning.  I applied for the CLOC and it said 'Unfortunately, your request for credit has not met Navy Federal lending criteria for approval."

I called and asked about this and the rep said they are unable to verify my credit report.  I asked which specific bureau they needed me to unfreeze but she did not know. Am I correct in assuming they were attempting to pull TU again....?

I was curious in my original post if they pulled EQ9 or EQ8 for CLOC's since my scores are different, but they didn't pull EQ anyway.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU CLOC - EQ or TU?

IME, they pulled both.  This was a while back when I had opened the CLOC.  EQ was having its usual hissy fits so they pulled TU as an alternate.  So, it really depends if they're not able to access EQ for some reason.  In the end, once the issue was rectified (took 1 week) they were able to access EQ and the CLOC was approved.  I believe in the majority of cases/DPs, EQ is the go-to CRA for CLOC, but as we all know, it's not always used exclusively.

Message 2 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

My other post is locked due to a username change issue I was having, so I am creating a new one.

I just opened a checking account this evening in addition to the savings account.  I have read that for CLOC's they use EQ.  I have EQ unlocked specifically for the CLOC and TU is now locked after I was approved for NFCU Cash Rewards this morning.  I applied for the CLOC and it said 'Unfortunately, your request for credit has not met Navy Federal lending criteria for approval."

I called and asked about this and the rep said they are unable to verify my credit report.  I asked which specific bureau they needed me to unfreeze but she did not know. Am I correct in assuming they were attempting to pull TU again....?

I was curious in my original post if they pulled EQ9 or EQ8 for CLOC's since my scores are different, but they didn't pull EQ anyway.

EQ was used in December for my CLOC. However, NFCU used TU for my mortgage. 

Also, I read the denial reason of:

”Unfortunately, your request for credit has not met Navy Federal lending criteria for approval" completely different from what the CSR said. I read it to mean that you haven’t had your accounts open long enough.

Just my 2cents. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

That could be the reason.  She stated that they could not access my report (but didnt know which one).  I will call back today and speak to another rep to see if I can get more info.

Message 4 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I just talked to a rep and she told me that all 3 credit bureaus need to be unlocked because they pull all 3 for the CLOC.  Maybe something has changed where they do this now or the info she is giving me is incorrect....

Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I just talked to a rep and she told me that all 3 credit bureaus need to be unlocked because they pull all 3 for the CLOC.  Maybe something has changed where they do this now or the info she is giving me is incorrect....

I don't recall hearing anyone say they received a 'triple pull' for a NFCU CLOC; I suspect you're being advised to unlock all three due to the rep not being sure which they'll pull.

If it were me, to move things along I would do just that - unlock all three.  Once you get the CLOC, you can lock them again.   They might have had a recent policy change (anything is possible) but honesly I'll be rather surprised if you end up with a triple pull.

Note:  So far the discussion here is fine, but I do want to add a disclaimer that myFICO guidelines don't allow us to discuss or promote selective freezing of a bureau(s) to force a lender to pull a specific or alternative bureau.

Message 6 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Unlocked them all and this time it did go through.  Thanks

Message 7 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Update: Only Experian was pulled for the CLOC app.

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

Strange but not unheard of.  I guess we should start expecting more EX pulls for the CLOC now.

Any news on the status of the app?

Message 9 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

Strange but not unheard of.  I guess we should start expecting more EX pulls for the CLOC now.

Any news on the status of the app?

Nothing yet but about 30 minutes ago I did just get an NFCU inquiry alert from EQ as well...

eq.jpg

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.