Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC Questions

tag
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

NFCU CLOC Questions

I joined NFCU and was approved for $2900 CR CC but I was only approved for $5000 for CLOC (dont remember requesting this but may have) but wondering how do I get to the 15K?  Do I need to take money out and keep this account active?  Sitting at zero balance now, with no activity.  Also can I request CLI on CLOC after 3 month statement also?  TU is at 657.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditlady43
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC Questions

Congrats on your approvals!!  You can definitely request the maximum CLOC however since Navy already approved you for $5000, you may want to sit this out at least for a few months.  Check out the Navy Forums and you may be able to get more sound advice.  I personally love Navy and was just approved about 3 weeks ago for the full $15,000 CLOC.  Your income or scores could be the reason why they only went to $5000, but don't worry Navy is the bomb and if you do right by them, they will in turn be good to you.  When I first started with Navy in 2014, I started with a $10,000 Visa signature card which is now $27,500.  I love Navy and would not trade them for anything!  Take care and remember to keep your utilization with both accounts extremely low if you can and watch them grow!

Navy Fed Sig. Visa ($27,500)|BlueGreen Encore Rewards ($10,000)|CapitalOne ($6,950)|Discover ($1,000)
Starting Equifax Score: 520 (5/2014) - Current Score: 726
Starting Transunion Score: 613 (5/2014) - Current Score: 733
Starting Experian: 595 - Current Score: 742
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC Questions

@creditlady43 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!!  You can definitely request the maximum CLOC however since Navy already approved you for $5000, you may want to sit this out at least for a few months.  Check out the Navy Forums and you may be able to get more sound advice.  I personally love Navy and was just approved about 3 weeks ago for the full $15,000 CLOC.  Your income or scores could be the reason why they only went to $5000, but don't worry Navy is the bomb and if you do right by them, they will in turn be good to you.  When I first started with Navy in 2014, I started with a $10,000 Visa signature card which is now $27,500.  I love Navy and would not trade them for anything!  Take care and remember to keep your utilization with both accounts extremely low if you can and watch them grow!

+1...congrats on your approvals!!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.