M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC approval..

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval! It may be a delayed EQ HP.

If you've had a recent EQ hp for other services with them I've heard you can double dip.

That's what happened to me. Had an auto loan pre-approval earlier in the month so I didn't receive a HP for CLOC.

OP: everyone gets 500 now. Too many people were abusing it. It can still grow.

I am not really up on CLOCs. I mean I know what they are...but

Let me ask this: Lets say I am 91/3 on a CC from NFCU. I app for a 2nd card and get approved. Since that resulted in an HP, I decide to go for a CLOC to back up my checking account. I assume they will use that HP for the CLOC? If I never use the CLOC, does it benefit me to have it FICO scoring wise? Am I charged any interest if I dont use it?

@Wavester64  they pull TU9 for cards.  It would have to be a loan app for the double dip because CLOC is a loan product and they pull EQ9 for that.  No, no charge for no use.  Immediate interest if you do use it.  It is mainly overdraft protection and a semi-ish low interest personal loan for severe emergencies.

@recoveringfrombk7, Well put! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!
NFCU is only giving out $500 CLOC now, and i believe $500 CLI at a time with HP but someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

|  
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for my cloc cli and my equifax is frozen but my transunion was hit 

Message 13 of 16
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

i finally got a CLI on My Cloc I asked for 500 and got approved laid down for the nite and thought about it and next day i called and ask if i can get my cloc to 3000 which is the Amount i asked for and been denied since i open my cloc back in December, well after not hearing nothing for 2days i called to get a update and while on the phone with Navy i got the You Been approved Email. they did pull transunion for the 500..i had my reports locked for the 2000 more

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 14 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@mrfufoppss wrote:

i finally got a CLI on My Cloc I asked for 500 and got approved laid down for the nite and thought about it and next day i called and ask if i can get my cloc to 3000 which is the Amount i asked for and been denied since i open my cloc back in December, well after not hearing nothing for 2days i called to get a update and while on the phone with Navy i got the You Been approved Email. they did pull transunion for the 500..i had my reports locked for the 2000 more

Congrats on your CLI

Message 15 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@mrfufoppss wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.