Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC mid-cycle reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC mid-cycle reporting

I just learned the hard way that the CLOC reports at the end of the month. And on top of that, if a payment is processing, it will not be included in the reported balance.

Will the CLOC send an updated balance with the statement cut? Can you request a balance update to be pushed?

Any info is helpful!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU CLOC mid-cycle reporting

There was a thread over in CC's about mid-cycle reporting about a week ago and I think NFCU was mentioned; presumably it'd be the same for that as for the CLOC so finding that via search I think will answer it.

        
Message 2 of 6
ambivalent
Established Contributor

I don't think that they mid-cycle update and they do not report on the statement cut.  When my statement cut on the 16th, I had a balance.  I paid it off before the 1st and it reported it as $0.  Hope that helps.

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to have caused confusion - 

The balance DID update mid-cycle, on May 31st. My statement cuts on the 19th, and the previous balance was from then.

I had a payment that was processing on that very date that posted on June 1st that brought my account from nearly 100% util to 0, but the gigantic balance reported to the bureaus.

I did some searching and found several other reports of them reporting mid-cycle, but no follow-ups on whether or not it was fixed with their next statement or if it needed to wait until the mid-cycle update.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ambivalent wrote:

I don't think that they mid-cycle update and they do not report on the statement cut.  When my statement cut on the 16th, I had a balance.  I paid it off before the 1st and it reported it as $0.  Hope that helps.

For me, the 1st is mid-cycle. Smiley Happy

If it only updates on the 1st, I suppose I will have to do a rapid rescore for my mortage. What a bummer.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ambivalent wrote:

For me, the 1st is mid-cycle. Smiley Happy

If it only updates on the 1st, I suppose I will have to do a rapid rescore for my mortage. What a bummer.

It is for me too. 

In all the data I have ever read about the CLOC reporting has always been end of the month.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.