Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC

I decided to apply for the CLOC with NFCU because of the success that others had on here after initially opening up their account. At the time that I initially tried this I was asked to provide them with proof of income because I requested the $15k as others had suggested but they countered with $3700 as long as I could prove my income at that time.

I decided to just hold off on the CLOC with them for now. But I am wondering if anyone else had run into this with NFCU? If you did, is it going to cause problems in the future for getting a CLI on a credit card or if you apply for another card with them down the road? I'm just curious if they are now going to ask for my POI each time. Not that I can't prove it, but I am just curious if anyone else has had this type of situation happen with NFCU.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

I originally applied for CLOC for 3K, approved without POI. Asked for CLI a couple of months later for 15K, also approved without POI. Both CC I have were instant approvals.
Maybe something they see with you that triggered it? I personally couldn't say
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a cloc of 500 no information needed, about 2 weeks later i asked for 5k no info needed, then a few weeks later I said what the heck and ask for 15k they called and countered for 10k nothing needed which is where I stand today, i'd say just give it time

Message 3 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've never been asked for POI and my approvals were instant.  I'd say just provide the POI if you really want it...if I'm not mistaken, I believe pay stubs are enough for them.  After all, you've already taken the HP...may as well get something out of it.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true! I'll probably end up getting it but I'm working on a few other things.

I guess if I end up not taking it from them... I wonder if it'll pop up again when or if I ask for an increase on my credit card with them?
Message 5 of 7
OldFatJarhead
New Contributor

I was asked for proof of income when I applied for the cashrewards card. I fiured it was just because this was the first credit product I'd applied for from the in about 20 years and my income is now about 10 times what it used to be. I sent scans of my last two pay stubs through their secure mail portal and had an approval with a $17k limit within an hour of sending it. I've opened some other products since then and they have not requested proof of income again.

Message 6 of 7
hstyle66

My son-in-law is in the Air Force and he belongs to USAA and we told him how we heard great things about NFCU and so he joined so that we could also join. We have read such great things about this credit union and so we were expecting great things. Well its not turning out that way.  My husband works for Walt Disney World, he is a Mechanic on Space Mountain, he has a union job and makes pretty decent money. We asked for the $15,000 and they counter offered with $5000 and we figured, thats ok we can build it over time.  They took so long in approving everything and in the end they declined it.  The reason they gave is that my husband's paystubs don't look professional enough!! We get everything electronic  - like his paystubs, his pay is direct deposited into Partners FCU which is Disney's FCU.  I got the paystub off the Hub which for anyone who has worked there knows that is the official Disney security-controlled website that only Castmembers can get on.  Navy Federal is saying that his paychecks don't look authentic even though the Disney address on them and their phone number and all.   I asked them if they were looking for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck on the paycheck?  I mean what do they mean they are not authentic?? Then I asked well why can't we give you a W-2 so you can see that he actually works there and they wouldn't accept that! I am so disgusted by this and now my husband is so mad, he wants me to close the account!! Thank God I didn't get my son-in-law to switch everything over!! Where is this NFCU that is so wonderful like everyone says!! I mean we just refinanced back in May and they accepted our paystubs no problem!! I have never heard of such a thing!! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.