Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC

Hi Everyone,

There are alot of posts some with 300+ pages, and i made it thru alot of them. I was curious as to data points on a NFCU CLOC (navcheck).    I know as always YMMV, but i was curious as to those who have one and how much more of your profile, income was considered to getting one.

Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

Wondering if anyone got Apr% reduction one? Before??

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLOC setup and app is handled by the Loan Department by Navy ( although once setup it's basically treated like a CC account w/o the card)

This is important IMO because IMO one might want to double up the HP with a Car loan ( like me) or PL but remember the double up can't be a CC app because the CC department pulls a different type of HP and is evaluated totally separate... important IMO to manage HP as a 2fer1 is great if at all possible.

I wanted a auto pre approval, so my CLOC was a throw in I don't know I would have applied for otherwise

I don't think income is anymore sensitive than with a CC app

Ask for the max
Take the counter if offered then CLI later
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about the CLOC.  After talking to the rep today at NFCU he told me it would show up as "inactive" on my account until I actually used this CL for a purchase.  Does that mean it won't show up on my CR as a $10,000.00 CL (that's what I was approved for) until I "activate it" or am I misunderstanding what he was talking about?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AirTroop

Mine showed ...

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question about the CLOC.  After talking to the rep today at NFCU he told me it would show up as "inactive" on my account until I actually used this CL for a purchase.  Does that mean it won't show up on my CR as a $10,000.00 CL (that's what I was approved for) until I "activate it" or am I misunderstanding what he was talking about?

@Anonymous     Would you mind sharing data points?   The reason i started this was to find data points as if i was likely or unlikely to be able to get one Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
nupey10
Regular Contributor

I just applied/received CLOC from NFCU yesterday.

As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE  this board, this is kinda where it can "hurt".... information overload

I didn't remember where applying for CC and CLOC is 2 HPs Smiley Sad

I got the CC and CLOC yesterday.

The application does ask for income information, rent or home buying information, and employer/job information.

With OT which I can pretty much count on year after year I am  <=> 110K

Not sure which bureau they pulled yet but if it was TU I am >800

I only asked for 10K.... wish I would have asked for the whole 15K but its really for emergency and if needed fixing up my house to get ready for sale

As soon as my house sales I am dumping Digital F.C.U. and making Navy my primary!!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nupey.

My income and scores are a bit less than yours, so i'll just have to cross fingers, toes and anything else i have in pairs just in case Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jago22

Hey,what are scores....and CL on NFCU CC

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous

Hey,what are scores....and CL on NFCU CC

i'm 600-620 currently, but i'm working on getting my UTIL down, and the cc is only 1k   i'm just past the 91/3 but i'd like to have >5% which i will soon to request the CLI.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.