Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

NFCU CLOC

Has anyone been approved for CLOC with high utilization and a 650ish score? I am trying to figure out if or when would be a good time to apply. Was approved for the Gorewards card for 1K a month ago and at the time the utilization was 101% (not a typo was over the limit). Now the utilization is down to 80%. So just trying to figure out the best time to apply. Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

IF they would approve, it may only be for a lower limit. to go for the full 15K I would definitely work on getting utilization down

Message 2 of 5
rbentley
Established Contributor

I think having a UTIL over 30% will make this problematic.  If you proceed you should be prepared for a HP and possible denial.  I would wait until your UTIL is down below 30%.  As always, YMMV.

Message 3 of 5
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Well I could not wait and went ahead and applied. I asked for 15K and they gave 2K. That fine at least I got something, plus it will help with my utilization. Does any one know how long to wait to ask for a CLI for the CLOC? I know you have to wait the 91/3 for the credit card. I should be albe to aske for the cli for my credit card around 7/6. Is it the same for the cloc?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if this didn't give me hope!

@tbea1004 wrote:
Well I could not wait and went ahead and applied. I asked for 15K and they gave 2K. That fine at least I got something, plus it will help with my utilization. Does any one know how long to wait to ask for a CLI for the CLOC? I know you have to wait the 91/3 for the credit card. I should be albe to aske for the cli for my credit card around 7/6. Is it the same for the cloc?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.