Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC

Basking in the happiness of getting approved for an NFCU Cash Rewards, and my wife getting approved for her second NFCU card, I'd like to see about getting a CLOC for our checking account.  I've read on here to ask for the full 15k and they often will counter, but I tried that earlier this year and it was a flat out denial.  Should I go more conservative on it this time?  How easy is it to get an increase in the future if I go low this time?  What bureau do they pull for the CLOC?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

@Anonymous wrote:

Basking in the happiness of getting approved for an NFCU Cash Rewards, and my wife getting approved for her second NFCU card, I'd like to see about getting a CLOC for our checking account.  I've read on here to ask for the full 15k and they often will counter, but I tried that earlier this year and it was a flat out denial.  Should I go more conservative on it this time?  How easy is it to get an increase in the future if I go low this time?  What bureau do they pull for the CLOC?

They pull EQ for the CLOC. 

Message 2 of 7
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Do they pull FICO 8 or FICO Bankcard 8? Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Hi, if it were me I’d let the new card age 3 months then ask for 5k on the CLOC, 6mo after that ask for increase to 15k. It doesn’t take long at all to build solid internal history with navy.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does a CLOC show on credit reports —- as a Credit Card/revolving acct or as an installment loan with zero balance (if unused)?

Message 5 of 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How does a CLOC show on credit reports —- as a Credit Card/revolving acct or as an installment loan with zero balance (if unused)?

MOST LOCs report as a credit card/revolving account.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

MOST LOCs report as a credit card/revolving account.

My NFCU CLOC reports as a revolving account and for this reason, will count against Chase's 5/24 rule... Grrrrrr

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.