Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Checking Line of Credit

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

NFCU Checking Line of Credit

I wasn't sure where to post this, but i'm curious about the NFCU overdraft line of credit.

Does opening that line of credit with NFCU go towards 5/24? How does it show up on your CR?

I'm looking to maximize my credit utilization via a few goal cards in the next 6-9 months, and possibly this line. And i'm just curious in learning more about how it could help.

|  
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Checking Line of Credit

In the majority of reported cases / DPs, the revolving CLOC, just like a PLOC, would count toward 5/24.
Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed, because it's a reporting line of credit it should count.
Message 3 of 12
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Got it. I hadn't planned on applying just yet, but now I know for sure to wait until after I've gotten the last two Chase cards I want, first.

|  
Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good choice.. Cloc seems nice but it seems its more for show than tell for most peopleSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
In the majority of reported cases / DPs, the revolving CLOC, just like a PLOC, would count toward 5/24.

Oh I didnt realize loans counted toward 5/24. I thought it was only CCs.  Thanks FinStar. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Oh I didnt realize loans counted toward 5/24. I thought it was only CCs.  Thanks FinStar. 

Cheese and Rice! Shut the front door! Holey Buckets! Please, say it ain't so!

This puts me 4/24 in August 2020... I think I am going to cry!  😭

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 12
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I never thought about that before. 

Chase should excluded PLOC accounts from counting against 5/24. 5/24 is made to prevent churning... Can't churn line of credits. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VPExecutive wrote:

Chase ... 5/24 is made to prevent churning...  

Someone who has "the inside" on Chase lending practices -- impressive.Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

Chase ... 5/24 is made to prevent churning...  

Someone who has "the inside" on Chase lending practices -- impressive.Smiley LOL

Why else would Chase have the 5/24 rule. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.