cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (8/15-Update)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/3-Update)

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Palmdale & company,

Any updates yet from Navy Federal yet?

Guyatthebeach

Not for me. I have not heard back since my last update.  I was going to go the branch today to try to pay off my CC, but I slept in instead. 

Message 61 of 231
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/3-Update)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Palmdale & company,

Any updates yet from Navy Federal yet?

Guyatthebeach

Not for me. I have not heard back since my last update.  I was going to go the branch today to try to pay off my CC, but I slept in instead. 

I don't blame for that on a Saturday.  

I did some research, NFCU has to give a written reason for closing the account within a timely manners as well as a method to pay off your balance in a timely manner without charging you any additional late fees. 

Message 62 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 7/11/16: After becoming an NFCU member , depositing my money in two accounts with them, being approved for credit card and CLOC, and receiving a welcome e-mail telling me my credit card was on its way, my accounts were locked 11 hours later. Not able to access anything.

I submitted all the documents they requested, and last week I submitted additional identity and proof of residence documents.

This morning (7/11) I receive an e-mail asking me to submit the SAME documents after they told me last week they had already received them.

I am getting the distinct impression that this company is not very organized, and it's not a very nice way to be treated as a new member. 

So the e-mail today states no screen shots. I took a very clear photo with my phone and submitted it twice last week. Not sure what else they would like me to do.

I also have received an e-mail letting me know that I have a secure message in my NFCU account, but I cannot access the message since they've locked my account,and don't know what it says.

After hearing that Musiclover and palmdale have faxed things three times and are still having to send them things, I'm getting a little tired of this. Will report back once I hear something from them.

Message 63 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: After already becoming an NFCU member , depositing my money in two accounts with them, being approved for credit card and CLOC, and receiving a welcome e-mail telling me my credit card was on its way, my accounts were locked 11 hours later. Not able to access anything.

I submitted all the documents they requested, and last week I submitted additional identity and proof of residence documents. This morning I receive an e-mail asking me to submit the SAME documents after they told me last week they had already received them.

I am getting the distinct impression that this company is not very organized, and it's not a very nice way to be treated as a new member. 

So the e-mail today states no screen shots. I took a very clear photo with my phone last week and submitted it twice that was not a screen shot. Not sure what else they would like me to do.

I have no fax machine at work ( we don't use those things anymore!), and I will not be home until 7:00 this evening. Will try to find a place that has a fax machine at 7:30pm after I get home.

After hearing that Musiclover has faxed things three times and is still having to send them things, I'm getting a little tired of all this. Will report back once I hear something from them.

Well that sucks! I am just hoping at least one of those faxes I sent reached it's destination. If I don't hear by Wednesday (maybe Tuesday?) I will call yet again....sigh....

Message 64 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: After already becoming an NFCU member , depositing my money in two accounts with them, being approved for credit card and CLOC, and receiving a welcome e-mail telling me my credit card was on its way, my accounts were locked 11 hours later. Not able to access anything.

I submitted all the documents they requested, and last week I submitted additional identity and proof of residence documents. This morning I receive an e-mail asking me to submit the SAME documents after they told me last week they had already received them.

So the e-mail today states no screen shots. I took a very clear photo with my phone last week and submitted it twice that was not a screen shot. Not sure what else they would like me to do.

I have no fax machine at work ( we don't use those things anymore!), and I will not be home until 7:00 this evening. Will try to find a place that has a fax machine at 7:30pm after I get home.

After hearing that Musiclover has faxed things three times and is still having to send them things, I'm getting a little tired of all this. Will report back once I hear something from them.

Well that sucks! I am just hoping at least one of those faxes I sent reached it's destination. If I don't hear by Wednesday (maybe Tuesday?) I will call yet again....sigh....

Thanks, Musiclover. I am hoping for good things for you as well.

They've already received my Navy League documents so it's not as if it's a question of my membership eligibility. I'm also already a member and not thrilled with having my accounts locked up.

The documents have all been sent to the same department email that is requesting them again (BSA department), so it's not as if they are going to different departments.

I'm just tired of sending documents to them, having them confirm they received the documents, then having to send them again. 

I also wish I could get into my account and see what the secure message they sent to me says.

For a very large and well-respected organization such as NFCU, this is not the way to run a business. Smiley Sad

Message 65 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Musicolver. I am hoping for good things for you as well.

They've already received my Navy League documents so it's not as if it's a question of my membership eligibility. I'm also already a member and not thrilled with having my accounts locked up.

I'm just tired of sending documents to them, having them confirm they received the documents, then having to send them again. I don't even know a place around me that has a fax machine, and am not sure if those places are open at 7:30pm after I get home.

For a very large and well-respected organization such as NFCU, this is not the way to run a business. Smiley Sad

I used a neighborhood UPS store to fax my documents. Last time i faxed them we joked that we would be best friends if this happened again and we should go to lunch together. haha

Message 66 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the closest UPS store is 25 minutes away and closes at 7pm. I'll have to look around and find another alternative.

Today is an extremely busy day for me at work and this is not at all convenient. Smiley Sad

Message 67 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an aside. I have also received my Navy League membership card so tried online to register and be a part of the online community. Guess what??? Uh huh! A no go. This is just another hilarious chapter of my online book I am writing about this called "The Misadventures of Joining NFCU." haha I called Navy League and explained and she left me on hold for what seemed like forever and then told me my membership had been activated and that the computer would update my login tomorrow.  And the drama continues...Tune in tomorrow...Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/6-Update)

LOL

Did they tell either of you why this happened yet?
Maybe I missed it.
Message 69 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, the closest UPS store is 25 minutes away and closes at 7pm. I'll have to look around and find another alternative.

Today is an extremely busy day for me at work and this is not at all convenient. Smiley Sad

Figures! I would ask, "What else could go wrong?" Seriously, I don't want to know...Wishing you luck in finding that fax machine.

Message 70 of 231
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.