Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership Eligibility

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

NFCU Membership Eligibility

Hi all

Just wondering, if there are any way to be NFCU member, without any military affiliation? Like what penfed allows to do by donating. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership Eligibility

There is no current way to join without affiliation. There used to be one, but that loophole was closed a little over a year ago.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 15
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the information. I would have only tried if they themselves offering a way to join

Message 3 of 15
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Nope, there's no buy-in option (donate 5 bucks) like penfed has. Only direct affilation or through a relative.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined NFCU in 2017 by joining the Navy League San Diego chapter. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

That is no longer a viable option for joining NFCU
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this helps you, but currently, eligibility through military affiliation extends all the way to grandchildren.  And eligibility includes household members of current members or those who are eligible.  

Message 7 of 15
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information. 

Message 8 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I joined nearly 10 years ago by being a Govt. contractor.  Not sure if that option bit the dust since then either.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
WD2005
Contributor

I lucked out. My sister was briefly married to an active duty Marine. I got in because of her membership.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.