Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Membership!

Pretty stoked. Found out my grandfather (passed before my birth) was a Navy WW2 Vet. I have NFCU a call and joined! I was granted membership with just his branch and discharge status, but was told they may ask for his DD 214 in the future if they decide to authenticate. Gave me a website where I could gain access to it.

Had no idea I had a vet in the immediate family (lots of cousins and Uncles but no one immediate) and thought I stood no shot of getting in. So stoked.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership!

Welcome!

Always a good idea to have that DD214 ready if they decide to review your account.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I’m contacting my Aunt tomorrow to see if she can pull the records for me since I am not technically a next of kin as a grandchild rather than son. NFCU was nice enough to let me know how to go about getting the records.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.va.gov/records/get-military-service-records/

If your grandfather was discharged right after the war ended you may be able to get them yourself. 

Screenshot_20190206-224515_Chrome.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. I will have to check that out tomorrow. Seems like I’ll have to contact her either way to verify some of his pedigree info. All I have right now is DOB, Branch, Name and state of birth
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mailing out my SP180 tonight. Hopefully it contains enough of the information they need to locate his records.

Thanks for the assistance!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.