Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership

tag
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

NFCU Membership

I'd like to apply. My father was in the military but has passed away. He wasn't a member. I'm trying to get a family member to look through his things to find proof of his service. I want to buy a home next year and they may be a good prospect for mortgage.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership

@glockrunner wrote:
I'd like to apply. My father was in the military but has passed away. He wasn't a member. I'm trying to get a family member to look through his things to find proof of his service. I want to buy a home next year and they may be a good prospect for mortgage.

You can call and join. They'll ask for branch and rank. They will give you the website where you can order his DD-214 if you need it but it seems like they have their own means of verification so they rarely ask for it. Best to get it just in case though. 

Message 2 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@glockrunner wrote:

Call Them, I did! My Father Had Passed 19+ years ago

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/amp-quot-APPROVED-amp-quot-Navy-Federal-ca...

Message 3 of 15
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Great info guys! I will call them tomorrow and give what info I have . If that doesn't work I'll go the DD214 method

Message 4 of 15
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Hey everone,

I just applied today. Waiting on approval. Hoping for the great news!!! I might have to bite on the credi card too if offered. Has to be for a good amount though!

Message 5 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @glockrunner, I moved your post to a new thread to get your question more exposure.  Smiley Happy

--UB

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

I joined NFCU with my own veteran status but I later got my father's DD-214 from here just for sentimental reasons. It was easy. All I provided was name, branch, SSN and DOB.
Message 7 of 15
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Shortly after applying I received an email requesting proof of ID and proof of address. I sent it right in and got a response that they recieved the documentation and allow them 5 business days to review.  Maybe I should have driven the hour to a branch.

Message 8 of 15
IssacFair
Valued Member

Did you hear back from NFCU? I'm in the sme boat as you and was told I need to wait 5 business days before membership approval.

Message 9 of 15
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

No, not yet. I applied on Monday. Good luck! 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.