cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

My Stepson is in the Army stationed in Korea and my Nephew is a Marine served 2006-2010. Would either of these make me eligible to get into NFCU?

Message 31 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

Your step-son, since he's your child.
Message 32 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does he need to be a NFCU member. I don't think he is. How would I prove to NFCU the relationship? Thanks!

Message 33 of 96
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

I stumbled across this thread and read that veterans were now eligible or at least they were today so I joined. Had been wanting to be a member for decades, but just never joined while I was serving. once again MyFICO community comes through. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 34 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I joined over the phone through my active duty son. He isn't a member. The sponsor just has to be eligible for membership.
Message 35 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for all the questions. What info would I need to prove his service and our relationship?

Message 36 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If I'm remembering right, they just asked for his name and branch. It may be easier if your spouse joins first and then sponsors you. That's what we did.
Message 37 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thank you!

Message 38 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU isn't even that great lol
Message 39 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

NFCU has been good to us but as always, YMMV..
Message 40 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.