Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU (Navy Federal) Personal Loan Approval - 12Hours

tag
MzChrissy
New Contributor

NFCU (Navy Federal) Personal Loan Approval - 12Hours

Just wanted to share the good news and why I love NFCU so much... Applied for a NFCU Personal Loan this morning in the amount of $35,000 and received the funds in my checking account by 8PM this evening. Overall Credit Utilization: 28% |Annual Income: $150,000 |Inquiries: 18 Credit: Mid/High 600s Interest Rate: 15% Terms: 60 month (hoping to pay off in 2 years which is when I plan to purchase my first home) | Purpose: $25k Debt consolidation and $10k is sitting in my savings (I'll move the $10k back onto the loan next month after the first report) Background: I received an email this morning from NFCU inviting me to apply for the personal loan and said, why not. They didn't ask me to verify income (I did however verify my income a year ago when I asked for a credit limit increase on my credit card so they may still have those pay stubs) but they did ask why I needed the loan. I told them it was for debt consolidation but I told the rep to note my account to say, "if they want me to close any of my accounts once paid, they can cancel the loan application." Fast forward to a few hours later and I received a notification saying $35k was sitting in my checking account, even prior to me e-signing any forms. I paid off all my credit cards afterward and transferred the $10k to my savings. Note: I asked for $10k more then what I needed because I saw on other forums that people were getting approved for less than what they requested. Needless to say, I was surprised I received the full amount requested.
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU (Navy Federal) Personal Loan Approval - 12Hours

That's awesome!  Yay you!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 6
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nice loan.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval !!!

Message 4 of 6
MzChrissy
New Contributor

Thank you!
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

NFCU Platinum $50k | BlueNile $22.5k | Macys AMEX $20k | Citibank (AU) $19k | NFCU LOC $15k | AMEX Platinum $13k POT | Apple (Goldman Sachs) $12k | Amazon Store Card $10k | PayPal Credit $10k | Discover IT $10k | SoFi MasterCard $9k | Nordstrom Visa $6k
Message 5 of 6
MzChrissy
New Contributor

Thanks
Current Score:
Goal Score [Dec. 2021]:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.