Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU OOPS Checking

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU OOPS Checking

@Girlzilla88, *Tips hat backHatTipSmileyAnim.gif

I was trying to throw at you the .5%? .. As to get you to double check your mathSmiley Very Happy

But @Anonymous , blew my cover/prankclown-face.png

I had a Math teacher that constantly would mark my math test wrong,

just to make me go back and double check. I was an advanced student in math,

they advanced me from 3rd grade to a 5th grade math class, where I was in the top 3.

Having a PLOC, CLOC or an Emergency Fund are all good thingsSmiley Happy

You never know when certain needs may arise.

I use a US Bank acct, for paying my CC bills only, it has (2) forms of overdraft protection. (should one form fail)

Minimum Auto-Pay set up on all my accts. (I have NFCU set up a little different)

Set this up just in case I was ever hospitalized and could not log-in to pay.

I keep some Emergency monies in Chase checking that can be immediately (real time) transferred into US Bank if necessary.

Message 21 of 48
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007    LOL I was looking at it like isn't the .5 the same as 50% lol I had enough Coffee today to catch that one XD wait so what is the difference in PLOC and CLOC?!

Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLOC is meant to be used as a checking account overdraft where a PLOC is a general line of credit. Some CLOCs won't let you advance the funds manually, only if you overdraft, where a PLOC is available any time and usually a PLOC has better rates than a CLOC. Like NFCU's CLOC is 13.9-17.9% but SSFCU's PLOC is 6-13.75%

Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can take out the full $500 and the fee will be $20. You can have up to $50 in fees, for a max overdraft total of $550. I have this protection myself and have on occasion, taken out $495 plus the $3.50 ATM charge. Comes in handy from time to time. 🙂

Message 24 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

The Oops is an Overdraft Protection Smiley Happy     Optional Overdraft Protection Service Smiley Very Happy      Do you mind clarifying more what if someone can't get a CLOC or is it easier to open the CLOC?!    LOL     I don't really know much about the CLOC to speak on it just giving out what I do know Smiley Happy

People who can't get a CLOC should be trying to not overdraft their accounts. It's a serious negative to be extended beyond your credit obligations and can impact your ability to get credit and especially deposit accounts. It's better to pay the cash advance fee on a credit card than overdraft. 

If you are speaking for yourself, just advance some of your cashRewards. There is no fee, just interest at 2% higher than your base, and NFCU doesn't mind you using cash advances unlike most banks. 

CLOC isn't that hard to get honestly, especially now that it's only $500. 

Good advice @Anonymous  except i was denied my only shot at a Cloc lol so easy it is not lol. I used my entire cash advance with Navy to survive the Pandemic.  Paid it back with a bt so at least Navy wont get burntSmiley Wink

Message 25 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous    What is a Chex and EWS?!

Cereal made by General Mills and a sound some make when the flavor is weirder than Rice or WheatSmiley Wink

Message 26 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

just an aside but even playing with overdrafting an account seems rife with problems and headaches.

Message 27 of 48
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

WaMu had a similar feature where you could withdraw up to $500 over, but you didn't get 30 days to pay it back. It wasn't reported to chex as long as it was paid back.

Message 28 of 48
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit    LMAO I'm serious XD      Now that's going to be stuck in my head haha

Message 29 of 48
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner    That's good of them Smiley Happy     That gives me hope that Ppl do understand some struggle but can still be responsible about it.

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.